PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Hoosier, sorry for your trouble. You might consider bugging the piss out of them until you get ahold of them. But depending on the amount of money you might write it off, especially given how upset it makes you each time you do this drill. I'd have to let it go. I'd be livid.

Reactions: Papamique

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Rich clearly had 'derangement' issues.

I've had four orders from 4noggins over the last several months without issue.
He's answered my two emails.

The range of tobaccos is rather limited - I've often wondered if that's because they concentrate on their house blends?

Before the change of laws here in Australia re: importing tobacco without a license, I ordered through www.tobaccopipes.com Very good range of tobacco and excellent sales service.
Rich is long retired, a Jeff has been running it for several years now. I only had 1 order from them but it was uneventful..

Reactions: chopper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Here's the other thing. Perhaps the owners at 4Noggins will either see this or be made aware of it. Perhaps it will motivate them to wake up and revise their customer service attitude. It's unlikely they'll change on their own and just ignoring their poor customer service sends the wrong message.
Rich is long retired, a Jeff has been running it for several years now. I only had 1 order from them but it was uneventful..
Yes, I'm fairly sure that was said before my post.

Rich had a real meltdown on FarceBook, slagging off at anyone who did not agree with his preferred presidential candidate. [His choice alone proved that he'd lost the plot and was unwell in the head dept :LOL: ]
Family, friends and customers could all go fuck themselves he said.

When questioned whether that was a sensible business decision, he said he couldn't care less because the majority of his business was from O/S. [Guess what Rich? I'm an O/S customer. I switched to TobaccoPipes. When Jeff took over I went back]

Whether it was his plan to go out in spectacularly retarded style or if his meltdown forced his hand to sell the business I would not know.

If it was his plan all along, talk about taking a crap on the carpet on his way out the door.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Exactly, 4noggins has always been garbage. Apart from that the vintage tin prices are highway robbery. I wouldn’t spend a penny there.
To be fair, I've made over a dozen orders from 4nogs over the last two years without any problem.

My main complaint is the limited range of blends. [No MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake . . . I mean seriously? :eek: ]
Though he's got some rather good house blends.

His Butternut Burley and Trout Stream are said to be exactly the same as from Scottys but much cheaper.
Jesse's Own is really good. [Virginia, Orientals/Turkish, Maryland, Perique and Latakia yet it's mild. Very tasty]

The other house blends I've tried are also rather good.

Plus Jeff often gives generous samples.

So I wouldn't say that 4nogs qualifies as "garbage".

Razorback

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2019
Atlanta, GA
I’ve ordered from Jeff five or six times over the past few years, and he’s always been helpful to me. Even sold me some G&H that he found on the shelf that wasn’t showing on the site. Always answered the phone when I called, and answered my emails also.

Not doubting or questioning the experiences of the OP and others, just relaying my own experience.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I've had nothing but good experiences when ordering from 4noggins. Good customer service and good prices but Smoking pipes gets most of my business because of the super cheap international shipping.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Whether it was his plan to go out in spectacularly retarded style or if his meltdown forced his hand to sell the business I would not know.

Dude, Retarded is not the preferred nomenclature... Challenged, please. ;)

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I found some blends I like at very good prices at 4Noggins, however I think I'll pay a little more and send my order to SP.

I'd like for them to be successful, but life is too short for the kind on nonsense reported by @hoosierpipeguy

I’ve never seen one thing listed at a better price at 4 Noggins.

Whatever blends they have, if they are still in production, I’m sure there are better deals around, with all the Online eCommerce sites and B&M listed on Google.

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
Sorry for your experience. I stopped using 4Noggins awhile back because of this. Didn’t seen threads like P&C coming up about them recently...Maybe it was a holiday glitech #fingerscrossed

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Very cosmopolitan.

I’m not pointing fingers at anyone, I’m Switzerland, always neutral.

So I’m not calling either of you out. ?

What ever problems anyone has, one Fact of Internet Etiquette is you take it to the PM, not publicly displaying like this, the lashing out that 4Noggins did in open.

Lashing out in public is unacceptable and unprofessional.

Like us Geeks say; ‘You got a beef take it to PM’! LOL :ROFLMAO:

1608866495377.jpeg

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Hoosier, sorry for your trouble. You might consider bugging the piss out of them until you get ahold of them. But depending on the amount of money you might write it off, especially given how upset it makes you each time you do this drill. I'd have to let it go. I'd be livid.
I don't understand what amount of money he might write off even means. He ordered and paid, was shipped a part shipment and refunded the missing. I don't understand why lividness is an appropriate response here. The fact that the vendor is unresponsive or difficult to get ahold of sucks, for sure, but no one has been ripped off as far as I can tell.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I’m not pointing fingers at anyone, I’m Switzerland, always neutral.

So I’m not calling either of you out. ?

What ever problems anyone has, one Fact of Internet Etiquette is you take it to the PM, not publicly displaying like this.

Lashing out in public is unacceptable and unprofessional.

Like us Geeks say; ‘You got a beef take it to PM’! LOL :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 57114
This is what started it. The thread went cold for twenty-four hours so I posted this....

giphy.webp

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I don't understand what amount of money he might write off even means. He ordered and paid, was shipped a part shipment and refunded the missing. I don't understand why lividness is an appropriate response here. The fact that the vendor is unresponsive or difficult to get ahold of sucks, for sure, but no one has been ripped off as far as I can tell.

I don't think I'm going to be ripped off. I have yet to receive the package but I'm hopeful. It would suck if I didn't because they're not returning calls and I'd sure hate to waste a ton of time trying to recover $70.

Perhaps I shouldn't have started this thread. However, it seems to me when a vendor that could potentially sell to other members has severe customer service issues, people here deserve to be made aware about it. I'm sure happy Jesse blew the whistle on Estervals, he may have saved me $400, the amount I could have lost placing another order with them.

Had someone from 4 Noggins returned one of my calls in the last week to explain what happened and to provide the promised tracking number that was never sent, this thread would have not occurred.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Sasqautch, good. Didn't have the story straight.

I think the thread has been more about bashing 4noggins than supporting hoosier. More than other threads group-think has prevailed. The group is bashing, so to post, bash on.

Status
Not open for further replies.