PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
If you don't get your package and get no response from the seller, just file a dispute with your credit card company, quick & easy. Hope it works out!

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
As bad as P&C is, they will finally answer their phone and will call you back.

I still haven’t gotten through to P&C about my order that never shipped, yet they somehow have the ability to send out catalogs through the mail, and email advertisements every day. P&C never responded to my emails about my order either.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
I still haven’t gotten through to P&C about my order that never shipped, yet they somehow have the ability to send out catalogs through the mail, and email advertisements every day...
I was wondering the same thing too. I jumped on their site Christmas Night to double-check some production data on a tabak, and lo-and-behold, their website was already updated with their New Years Specials and Promotions.

Hmmmm. Grrrrr....

Again, in my book, this sends the wrong message out when it is well known that dissatisfied customers are still waiting to be responded to; let alone, serviced. - Sherm Natman

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
12 days since the order. At the busiest time of year. In the busiest year any postal system has ever experienced. 2 of those days being Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and still. no. package.

My god man, the fortitude you are showing! Stay strong for all of us.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
12 days since the order. At the busiest time of year. In the busiest year any postal system has ever experienced. 2 of those days being Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and still. no. package.

My god man, the fortitude you are showing! Stay strong for all of us.

Yeah, and eight days with five phone calls, not a single one returned. Which freaking part of this issue are you struggling to understand? They also arbitrarily didn't provide part of my order without informing me and never provided the tracking number the order receipt promised. If that sounds like a company you want to buy from, have at it.

Aug 1, 2012
Yeah, and eight days with five phone calls, not a single one returned. Which freaking part of this issue are you struggling to understand? They also arbitrarily didn't provide part of my order without informing me and never provided the tracking number the order receipt promised. If that sounds like a company you want to buy from, have at it.
If you've ever dealt with genius level artisans, most have no idea what good customer service is. It may have something to do with the high level of intelligence or creativity.

Sasquatch is one of those. An artisan who has few living peers but no idea what good CS might be. It's been known here by many the regulars for a long time.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Hoosier, I think you'll get your stuff (what you were charged for), it sucks that they didn't update with a tracking number, and sucks worse that the customer-response end of things at 4nogs is something very like a black hole. Leaves a guy feeling unconfident about the whole thing. At the end of the day, if you don't get your merchandise, you can go through your credit card or paypal, and it will be resolved in your favor pretty quick.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
If you've ever dealt with genius level artisans, most have no idea what good customer service is. It may have something to do with the high level of intelligence or creativity.

Sasquatch is one of those. An artisan who has few living peers but no idea what good CS might be. It's been known here by many the regulars for a long time.
Wait, I'm a great pipe maker but kind of a jerk? You've got part of it right.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Leaving a huge market in some areas. My wife needed a new bathrobe and looked online at the usual sorts of places, and actually found a family out in BC sewing stuff like this... prices were not crazy so she ordered one, and got just what she asked for, a bunch of little freebies, and a note saying "Thank you so much it means the world to us, we're really trying to make a go of this." So much nicer than Amazon. So there's a "local" market developing in many places, for many services - our local food supply has gotten better in the last two years - more farmers selling beefs by the half, more guys driving fruit in from the Okanagan weekly, more people selling fresh eggs. It's fabulous. So there's a weird rebound effect in this soulless anonymous world we've built - a very personal one, just like old times.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

I bought one of his unsmoked pipes from another party. I can't comment on the customer service but he has plenty of peers.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Update: still didn't receive a call but received a refund for the remainder of my money. Looks like some body here probably alerted them off this thread and they decided to end it. That would indicate to be they never shipped any of my order since it was placed Dec 14 and were refusing to return my phone calls on top of it.

What a f'ed up way to try and run a business. Maybe I should have taken the sarcastic advice from Sasquatch and just kept waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.