PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Placed an order early on the 14th. They certainly were plenty fast charging my card. Got a notice a couple of days later of a partial refund. WTF? Why didn't they call me before shipping a partial? So i called. And I called. And I called 3 more times over the past week. Left 4 messages. No return phone call. And my package hasn't arrive. Not a huge deal but I placed an order with SP on the 16th that I received on Monday. 4Noggins is now on the same do not buy from list as P&C.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
4Noggins, which used to be a sponsor here if I recall, changed management a few years ago and I don't know how they're doing. I did enjoy being able to buy the Indonesian air cured burley Tambolaka when I was on a strong tobacco adventure, and it lived up to the billing. Also, it was a good place to shop middle-market British briar for a while, such as Hardcastle and Parker. I wish them well, and I hope this shipping delay is just due to the times. I also enjoyed one of their tinned Yeti blends, though I never reordered.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've put in a couple orders in the last 6 months that came on time. Im sorry that happened to you. I've preferred the less opinionated new management since the buyout.

It's not the delay that is the big deal to me. It is the fact they haven't returned 4 messages I left over a 6 day period of time. And the fact they assumed I wanted a partial order (which I'm okay with but it's the principle of the matter).

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
sh** business tactics- signs of a failing ecommerce/mailorder business - This is how small internet businesses survive- it was big in the camera, tv, days going back to 1998 - and even further back to catalogs
What is a method of staying afloat for them is a deliberate attack on the consumer - There is no valid reason for lack of response - they should be ashamed of themselves.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I've emailed and called them several times over the years. Never had a response of any sort.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
I have had email contact with Jeff, the new owner, but it does seem sporadic, like maybe they have a spam filter set a little too "safe" or something. Calling or emailing into a vacuum sucks, and it shouldn't be that hard to answer emails or phone messages, or if you are that busy, to hire someone to do so.

Reactions: chopper

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Bad business practices from Marisa Tomei's cousin Jeff. Why does that sound familiar?? rotf

Reactions: STP

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Maybe, maybe not. Since they provided no documentation, no tracking number and won't return my phone calls over the span of a week, I have no way to know. That's the full story and the issue. Are you a journalist?
LOL I just think 4noggins is still a touch better than PnC, who seem to charge and ship (or not, or twice) totally at random.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I sent them a few emails as a new customer to inquire about a few things, both times never received any reply, and had to chase after them both times to get a response, which felt like there was no care or concern for customers, really bad.

I also would of never expected them to ever be accepted around here as a place to buy from, given the high Vintage Tin prices. OUCH! :eek:

4 Noggins ?

Pipestud’s ?

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
At least this read was worth learning about Pipes and Cigars... I’ve eyed their site a few times and they have stuff SP doesn’t, like Backwoods which a decent budget bottom shelf aro. As a Canadian I won’t risk it, SP has great fast service here...

Anyhow, hope you get your reduced shipment HPG, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.