PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Though I am a fan of CB and do like 4Noggins, the price was a tad high even when P&C had it cheaper. It's so easy to pick a blend that is almost a custom, fitted to your taste, for 35$/pound or cheaper, the price is out of what I am willing to pay.
However, were CB my go to blend I would buy several cans.
Thanks for the alert. Anytime one of the sponsors has a sale I want to be updated.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
David,
Thanks for the input. CB blends are still the #1 selling tobaccos. We probably go through 100lbs per week. You cannot imagine the following these blends have.
Rich

• Haha
Reactions: ram74

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
And I realize that. I think you know my post was no knock on you, just the fact that per ounce or pound it's actually "up there". Actually, I consider CB to be the top OTC blend. So, for that, it's a heck of a deal.

Totally appreciate you chiming in, BTW,

David

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
mpm0X.gif

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
Well, I am glad we had this little discussion. I went back to 4noggins site. Had to re-register, as I forgot everything.

What I did see, and have dumped in my cart, is a special price on Velvet. It's a drugstore blend I have been wanting to try, and at this price it can't be beat.

My tastes have changed since my old Captain Black days of (damn, I can't even remember the decade) yore (let's call it that). I seem to like Carter Hall, so this may be a welcome addition.
So there is a question here: If I were to try one, Granger or Velvet? Both prices are nice.

noquarter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 18, 2015
Granger tastes more natural to me. Might also want to check John Patton's Stormfront if you're into Carter Hall. Good stuff!

P

pipebuddy

@chasingembers: Despite the fact that I understand your position, I believe it's time to get over it; and carry on to something else, now. :wink:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Good old Captain Monochromatic to give it the P.C name of the tobacco or Captain Not-White. I am always amazed at who buys the stuff. I tried it once when I first moved to the U.S but it just seemed to burn way too hot for my tastes. The fact that an opened pouch stays fresh for an entire millennium is also pretty incredible to me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@chasingembers: Despite the fact that I understand your position, I believe it's time to get over it; and carry on to something else, now.
Huh, what position?

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
Pipebuddy,
chasingembers is not only a very shallow, ignorant person, but very often sounds as if he borders on being a moron.
No need to waste your time responding to him. You can see by the number of posts he produces that he has no life outside of this forum.
You really do have to feel sorry for someone so pathetic.

Reactions: ram74

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Yeah, he's definitely a Grade-A douchebag. He obviously has no use for the forum except as a bunch of patsies to hawk his wares to. In addition to that, judging by his avatar photo, he needs a haircut and a tick dip. He looks like a mangy hippie cunt.

Reactions: wyfbane and ram74
Status
Not open for further replies.