PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Holy Christ, how does a thread about a pipe show turn into an F'ing COVID argument?

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am for some reason.

I'm not closing this down, but I am deleting the posts that have to do with COVID arguing.
We are all shut in going ?...it’s stands to reason that some of us might go off the reservation from time to time...wait a minute, that comment is not in fashion either.??☕

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
To clarify my previous post.

Since it's so close to home I would attend only to check out all of the vendor's tables and perhaps buy a pipe or two. Wearing a mask and walking around looking at the vendor's tables IMO is not much different than going to the grocery store or big box store. I would not attend the dinner or any other event that requires me to remove my mask.

The way the vaccinations are going...we'll still be wearing masks in August. ?
The challenge with pipe shows in the CoV era is buyers that want to touch and "inspect" a pipe.

Personally would not want to purchase a pipe that has been handled by numerous strangers.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
The challenge with pipe shows in the CoV era is buyers that want to touch and "inspect" a pipe.

Personally would not want to purchase a pipe that has been handled by numerous strangers.
Just sanitize before smoking. No big deal.
Do you buy groceries or other items in retail stores?
Yep.. think about all the people adjusting their masks, then touching all the produce and meat. You know how people shuffle through the meat case.
Gas pumps, currency, mail, door knobs/handles...the list goes on.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
sfduke said:

BROBS said:

Just sanitize before smoking. No big deal.
hoosierpipeguy said:

Do you buy groceries or other items in retail stores?
Richmond B. Funkenhouser said:

Yep.. think about all the people adjusting their masks, then touching all the produce and meat. You know how people shuffle through the meat case.
Gas pumps, currency, mail, door knobs/handles...the list goes on.

I would assume that there would be some hand sanitizer dispensers scattered around the floor unless the organizers are stupid. Just carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer with you in case you need it. Apply before touching your face, picking your nose, flinging boogers, etc. As for the potentially deadly infected dinguses you're buying, leave them in the bag for a week and everything Covid will have croaked out, leaving only the millions of microscopic bacteria and other life forms defecating, copulating, and laying eggs on everything that you own, including yourself.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Screenshot_20210227-125716.png
"Many others reached similar conclusions. In fact, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) clarified its guidance about surface transmission in May, stating that this route is “not thought to be the main way the virus spreads”. It now states that transmission through surfaces is “not thought to be a common way that COVID-19 spreads”."

Status
Not open for further replies.