PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I just booked a room in the hope I'll be vaccinated by then (not trying to stoke the Covid argument, just saying that's what I'm doing).

I'll throw it out there again that we should wear name tags with our forum handles on it. As I've mentioned before, if you see someone with a "krizzose" name tag and he doesn't have resting bitch face, he's an imposter.

Jun 23, 2019
Did an admin really just say they don't understand how a 2021 pipe show thread devolved into a CoVID argument? ?

Let me get my biggest spatula out...

LOL - but seriously, I'm dying to go to a show - nothing quite like that environment to really explore the hobby but there will be a lot of questions and personal concerns I will have to be comfortable with before making any plans. Where that line is, I'm sure will be different for everyone, and I will try not to judge others of their risk tolerances but you gotta admit it is something that is on a lot of people's minds.

Shame we don't have enough adults around to have a proper conversation about it though... ?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've received both vaccinations so I feel safer than before, and the rate of new infections has come down to what they were last October, but as Covid can be lethal, rubbing elbows with a thousand? people does not sound like a good time. In fact, until the CDC sounds the all clear, based on levels of infection similar to before the outbreak, I don't plan on resuming normal activity, which would include an event like the show,

But I'm a very cautious person, and I know many adore this show. I hope the attendees have a great time.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
The Funkenhouser there wont be the real thing.. I sent a double out for the media's sake.

I've actually decided that the world is just too scary... I mean, even when the corona is over there are still thousands of ways to die. All the inoculations in the world can't save you from the crabs, and you know how Chicago is..

Oct 7, 2016
I really regret this cancellation, which really does seem to be final and official. I cant travel any significant distance anymore, but I always looked forward to the many reports I got from attendees.

The situation in Europe seems to be getting out of hand again, and apparently the scale of the show makes it imperative for there to be an international presence. Perhaps some smaller shows will be possible in a few months.

Some of the most fun times I have ever had with my clothes on were at pipe shows. I hope those who have never been to one can soon safely have the experience.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
Yeah it's totally understandable that they need to cancel. If I were in the shoes of the organizers I would do the same. But still... #$@%! ?

Here's to '22! puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.