PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Not a great start for my Hurricanes in game 7. Could be worse I guess and it's about what I expected based on their last showing on the road. Maybe we can get our act together over the next 2 periods. Maybe so Carolina Red Flake will bring us some luck.

dare66

Might Stick Around
Dec 24, 2018
I was too young when the Flyers won the cup so I'm still waiting to see them win at least one. I guess the first step is making the playoffs. What a game last night between San Jose and Vegas.

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
What a game by the caps and the canes. Think I may have to stick to smoking Carolina Red Flake during the canes games haha!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We left my daughters home in Louisiana at 3 PM, landed at BWI in time to hear the Canes tie it in the 3rd. Listened to the 1st OT on the 90 minute drive home. Arrived home in time to see the start of the 2nd OT and it wasn't looking good. So,we're done. The Canes deserved it, they played harder and seemed to want it more. Young legs in OT definitely showed. We sure could have used Oshie, but coulda-shoulda........Guess I'll root for the Canes, but the Islanders look pretty formidable and rested. Heading to bed...

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Probably one of the most interesting first rounds I can remember. I don't usually get to watch a lot of hockey, but I'll usually pull for the Canes which is the local team. They looked pretty damn good, and I gotta admit, I started falling asleep before it was over, but I had no way to watch it. I was having to keep up with it on my phone, so I kept dozing off. Wasn't sure they'd do it, and then woke up to see the final score, wow!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
The referees that officiated the Knights v Sharks game 7 have been sanctioned and the NHL has formally apologized to to Golden Knights.
Hockey is about momentum. The Knights lost momentum at the bullshit call.
But, they tied it and went into the break 4-4 or realistically 0-0. They had 20 minutes to refocus and fight hard. The Sharks won. Doesn't take the sting out, but I hope the Avalanche finish them off.
Not bitter, frustrated.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Life has given me other tasks than watching the hockey playoffs, but I heard "my" Hurricanes beat the Washington Capitols last night. 'Doubt the 'Canes are a strong contender, but they won as a dark horse in (was it?) 2006. If they keep winning, I'll have to watch.

dare66

Might Stick Around
Dec 24, 2018
Here we go round two. I've been a bit tired watching the west coast games and a couple over times as well.

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
Canes fought hard tonight but the end of the Sharks win that I caught was pretty boring in comparison. Honestly I'm pulling for the Avalanche in that series even though I've never had a favorite between either of those teams.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Who takes this thing now? I expected the Islanders to roll over the Canes, but nope.
My prediction:

Islanders vs Bruins - Islanders go to the finals
Stars vs the Sharks - Stars go to the finals
Islanders get the cup. (and moral for the Caps management - don't toss your cup-winning coach!)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Short digression: I have an extended family member, a young college senior majoring in statistics at Rutgers, who wants to take statistical analysis to professional hockey the way it's been used in baseball, to get better results from players based on intense use of stats. He played league hockey in high school, and though I don't think he's aspiring to play, I think he may have the statistics chops to explore this dream of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.