PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Blues have never won a Stanley Cup championship. Part of the original expansion in 1967.
I was a fan of the Bruins before the Golden Knights came along, so rooting for the Bruins. I would like to see the former Knight Perron get a Cup though. I think this is his third go around with the Blue note.
I have to think with it just being a broken jaw BigZ will be in the lineup for Game5 in Boston. Those guys will play through just about anything. Bergy played Game6 in 2013 Finals with a separated shoulder, two cracked ribs, and a punctured lung.
I'm a bit of an oddball when it comes to hockey. I love the sport so much I'll find someone to root for just about no matter who is playing.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I'm a bit of an oddball when it comes to hockey. I love the sport so much I'll find someone to root for just about no matter who is playing.
Ditto. Usually I watch every game of the entire playoffs. With a newborn at home I've only been able to see every other game or so. Lawn is getting pretty long though...... :D

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Blues have never won a Stanley Cup championship. Part of the original expansion in 1967.
Yeah, my wife's pulling for them because of that O6 transition thing & underdogs. Me, I prefer the Bruins, but at bottom it's really just all hockey. By the time it winnows down to this level it all boils down to who gets tired first &/or makes the first mistake. I know if the Blues win it'll be oh-hell-party-night like the Red Mile in Calgary, though! -laugh-
Those guys will play through just about anything. Bergy played Game6 in 2013 Finals with a separated shoulder, two cracked ribs, and a punctured lung.
People who roar about how tough it is to play in the NFL need to watch 20 minutes of playoff hockey. Respect, folks, respect. Getting hit in the head with an inflated pigskin ain't spit compared to 6 oz of frozen rubber going 80 mph....
Bill

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I was a little shocked by the number of players in both teams that don't wear face shields.
Hard to imagine that even goaltenders used to play without them, eh? Google a picture of Terry Sawchuk's face and you'll see why they started to, hahaha.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I'm rooting for the blues partially because of how much I dislike how dirty Marchand plays. Settled in for what will undoubtedly be an exciting game tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.