Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been a Bruins fan since I was taken to a game when I was maybe 7. I grew up not far from Boston Garden and have been a die hard fan my whole life. I don't like their chances to make a deep run this year. We have one great line and the rest are below average. If our top line doesn't do the scoring, we lose. Rask is getting old in the tooth and is not as good as he once was.

Game 7's are always a good time, I am hoping my Bruins get through.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I was a Bruins fan back when Bobby Orr and Derek Sanderson ruled The Garden. But I adopt the teams where I live, and Boston was for grad school, just two years. And the Sox had some great teams, as did the Celtics back in the late 60's.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, looks like even if we can beat the Canes on Wednesday, we're not getting any further. If you can't win an away game, you can't win the cup. Canes played tough and smart, they deserved to win that one.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
This Caps vs Canes series has been a roller coaster. I'm glad to see the Canes force a game 7. I'll be honest though, even if I was a betting man I'd have a hard time betting on the Canes in DC for game 7 after our miserable game 5 performance. I was honestly happy to see the Caps win the cup last year after so many years of heartbreak and with a once-in-a-generation talent like Ovi finally getting his just rewards. As little hope as I have of the Canes holding it together for a full run at the cup it would still be sweet to knock out the Caps and make it to round 2. Lets go ya Bunch of Jerks!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Pretty poor sportsmanship from Ovie at the end of the game, a bit disappointing. You got beat, just leave the ice with some class.

bogfire

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2019
Watching Game 7-Leafs vrs Boston. My briar clenched between by teeth. My dad is looking down from heaven proud.

This could be the Leafs year. good game so far.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We're in New Orleans and flying home tomorrow. I asked my wife what time we leave, "3:50". Whew, so we'll land as the 7:30 PM EST game is starting. This evening, she says, "hey, our flight doesn't leave until 5:50". Yep, I'll be in the air for the entire Game 7. I hope folks will be understanding when we land I turn my phone back on...

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Bluejackets! Looks like we've got Boston in the next round. It's about time... been waiting.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'm rooting for the Blue Jackets and the Golden Knights. The Golden Knights because I'm Vegas Born and Raised. Blue Jackets because my handicapped son works at T-Mobile Arena here in Vegas and while my son was working a Blue Jacket employee gave my son a hat, a jacket and a bag of assorted swag. That was a class act move!!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That's the most incredible third period I have ever watched, and not just because my Sharks emerged with a W in OT. Vegas played hard and well, and it was only the stupid major penalty committed by Eckert (sp) that let the Sharks back in the game.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I didn't watch closely enough, but it may well have been an over zealous call. I hate cross checking, but that one didn't seem to go above the shoulders. It was his fall that was bad.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yeah, bad call. There was a cross check on the *back, which pushed Pavelski in the path of another GK player who had his hands and stick up, and hit him high, but whose eyes were clearly elsewhere. So, two minutes, and releasable. Up until that penalty, Vegas had it in the bag.
[*Rewatched this morning.]

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Yep, but kudos to them for fighting back. We definitely dropped the puck and the call took the wind out. As they say, on to next year.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
jp,

I was a Bruins fan back when Bobby Orr and Derek Sanderson ruled The Garden. But I adopt the teams where I live, and Boston was for grad school, just two years. And the Sox had some great teams, as did the Celtics back in the late 60's.
Those were some great days. Orr is still the best I have ever seen.
Finally the Bruins got some help from another line last night. It was their 4th line that did the damage.
That San Jose/Vegas game was incredible. I had no dog in the fight but that was some kind of great hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.