PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
My package came a couple days ago from "W.E. Coyote", c/o "The Acme Whoopi Cushion Company"

I'm taking a little R&R in a local medical facility (Not Serious) so I ain't sure whether to call the bomb squad, or the Engineers to try and DEFUSE it...:LOL:

Anyway, I'm gonna wait until Christmas to open it, as I don't want to get caught With Unauthorized Contraband in here....besides they have good drugs here!! 😵‍💫

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
Was this from my Adventure People thread?

Wow someone really did their homework.
Yeah man!

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Forgot to post a pic of my stuff unwrapped..

View attachment 269931

A Sun Bear collection (including my most coveted first year of production, and Black Locust which I've never actually tried), KBV Golf Fire Glory(which certainly sounds right up my alley) and one of my all time favs, Tilbury!
I actually woke up at 330am last night with a hankering for something sweet. Grabbed a Zagnut and commenced to eating it in bed.
One of the absolute joys and rights of adult life.
Thank you Santa! (@Sidehatch i think)

That Zagnut was delicious. . . .nice guess.

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
There was a method to my madness. The Mariah Carey, Captain Black Grape, and Algerian Briar/Country Lawyer pipe running jokes were a must. I think regardless of who my Secret Santa would be, they probably would’ve gotten those gag gifts.

After getting @PA Piper as my Secret Santa, I combed through his posts to try to figure out what made sense in terms of tobacco/gifts with a more personal touch. As a toy collector, I thought it was cool that he still had his Fisher Price Adventure People Space Shuttle, but had lost the astronauts. A spaceship needs astronauts! I figured it couldn’t be too hard to find the missing pilots (it wasn’t). I had some relatively hard-to-find blends on hand that he wanted to try, but couldn’t locate. I thought that could be an adventure of sorts for him to experience those blends and that it kind of tied in with the toy line. Since he’s located in the same area as the Colonial Theatre that is featured in the 1958 film, The Blob, I knew I had to make a custom label related to the film for one of the two tins I was sending. Below are some pics of the new tin art that covers a Cornell & Diehl tin of Briar Fox (complete with a UPC bar code that would ring up as Briar Fox in a pipe shop), and the sheet of labels before I cut it for the tin. I used Mike’s avatar for the little oval painting, and art from the original movie poster for the label. It was a lot of fun to put this package together and I’m very glad it was well received.

View attachment 270011

View attachment 270012

View attachment 270013

View attachment 270014

View attachment 270017
I have been wondering for some time who the country lawyer is.

• Haha
Reactions: FLDRD and Tate

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Six individually wrapped gifts, each with a personalized artistic note from Jeff, TheIronMonkey:

View attachment 269874

Wow...not sure what else to say about this. Talk about creative and thoughtful! Not to mention a sweet hookup on some Capt Black Grape! Now I can see what all the fuss or disgust is all about 🤣. And I make 1 or 2 posts about the Fisher Price Shuttle and I get hooked up with the missing astronauts!? So I guess this is where I say, damn it, I misplaced my Daniel Defense DELTA 5 PRO .308 with a Leupold Mark 5...man I REALLY miss that thing! 😉

All kidding aside, Jeff, thanks a ton for the personalized notes on each gift, the samples (I haven't tried any of them and I can't wait to smoke them all this weekend when I know I can sit back, relax and enjoy them), the personalized Briar Fox (haven't had that yet either), Father Dempsey (solid English in my rotation), the pipe (which is an El Morjane), the astronauts and the Mariah Carey the nail polish (that'll go to 1 of my girls).

View attachment 269876

Samples included (in case zooming in on the pic is problematic):
Captain Black Grape (no joke, it was double bagged and I could still smell faint grape)
Folklore (2022)
GLP Westminster (2009)
Stonehaven (2021)
Penzance (2021)
Frog Morton OTT (2017)

View attachment 269877View attachment 269899View attachment 269900
You won the PM SS lottery this year - enjoy!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
83546z.jpg

Here is the list of participants who have **NOT** recieved their packages yet. If your name is on this list, but you *HAVE* gotten something, please let me know.
Ahi Ka
Brewfan
CoffeeAndBourbon
Condorlover1
David D. Davidson
Dcrguns
HawkeyeLinus
Honkytonk Man
Infantry23
LeafErikson
Lyon0op
Michigan_Bill