PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortamyhr

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2023
Nashville, TN
I’m totally blown away. Thank you, David @huckleberry! You are truly a gentleman and a scholar. I almost got emotional seeing all the wonderful gifts. All blends new to me, having never had anything from dunhill. And the pipes, wow! I know I’m breaking that meer in tomorrow, and I love cobs. The accessories are icing on the cake! Thank you, my friend!

Also, I’ll up my game next year. Sorry, my guy. Did not think of things other than tobacco and way over-thought getting the package across the border.
IMG_3200.jpeg

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
So after donning appropriate bomb suit I engaged the culprit.
Turns out I was packaged by someone who has quite a unique sense of humor and has no idea how bad I really have been. :ROFLMAO:
He managed to far outdo me in the giving department, so once again, next year will require even greater effort on my part.
Zoom in and read the letter for a complete list of blends, as well as important life lesson/skills/education...
And those samples of Pipe Force - at first I thought it was just the ones which have been officially released. But no - there are samples of all 6! Hence that 2nd picture.
I will be digging in to these ASAP.
Thanks to a very generous Secret Santa.
And of the 23 blends, I've only tried 5, so this was a SCORE!

1702594876440.png

1702594941921.png

1702594994459.png

1702595106551.png

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Six individually wrapped gifts, each with a personalized artistic note from Jeff, TheIronMonkey:

View attachment 269874

Wow...not sure what else to say about this. Talk about creative and thoughtful! Not to mention a sweet hookup on some Capt Black Grape! Now I can see what all the fuss or disgust is all about 🤣. And I make 1 or 2 posts about the Fisher Price Shuttle and I get hooked up with the missing astronauts!? So I guess this is where I say, damn it, I misplaced my Daniel Defense DELTA 5 PRO .308 with a Leupold Mark 5...man I REALLY miss that thing! 😉

All kidding aside, Jeff, thanks a ton for the personalized notes on each gift, the samples (I haven't tried any of them and I can't wait to smoke them all this weekend when I know I can sit back, relax and enjoy them), the personalized Briar Fox (haven't had that yet either), Father Dempsey (solid English in my rotation), the pipe (which is an El Morjane), the astronauts and the Mariah Carey the nail polish (that'll go to 1 of my girls).

View attachment 269876

Samples included (in case zooming in on the pic is problematic):
Captain Black Grape (no joke, it was double bagged and I could still smell faint grape)
Folklore (2022)
GLP Westminster (2009)
Stonehaven (2021)
Penzance (2021)
Frog Morton OTT (2017)

View attachment 269877View attachment 269899View attachment 269900
Wow! That was definitely worth going through 78 posts by Elric to see!

Phenomenal gift!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Woohoo!!!!! It came!!!! I can stop pestering I mean asking the misses if she got mail. Thanks to Santa James for the Xmas presents. Blends that cross the board for my tastes and new blends to fire up (Plus some age on them). Extra nice touch to include the lid sticker for the KBV. Well done Santa and thank you!!View attachment 270080
Another happy PMSS customer

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Talk about small world! I'm not sure how long ago that was, but they have really built the place up over the past 10 years. And if you remember the Village at Eland or the Shops at Eland (can't remember) right on 113, they tore all that down and put up an apartment complex.
Yes I visited this summer actually! My office is out of New Holland still (although I'm in WI now). We'll have to connect one of these times.

B.Lew

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 24, 2020
SE Michigan
Incredibly intentional thought and effort -- your skills make this forum a better place, @TheIronMonkey !

And @PA Piper Mike lives near the Colonial Theater? I used to live in Phoenixville! The beer scene there was on point. One of my best buds in the world is the priest at the Anglican church on Columbia Ave.
small world!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
So after donning appropriate bomb suit I engaged the culprit.
Turns out I was packaged by someone who has quite a unique sense of humor and has no idea how bad I really have been. :ROFLMAO:
He managed to far outdo me in the giving department, so once again, next year will require even greater effort on my part.
Zoom in and read the letter for a complete list of blends, as well as important life lesson/skills/education...
And those samples of Pipe Force - at first I thought it was just the ones which have been officially released. But no - there are samples of all 6! Hence that 2nd picture.
I will be digging in to these ASAP.
Thanks to a very generous Secret Santa.
And of the 23 blends, I've only tried 5, so this was a SCORE!

View attachment 270053

View attachment 270054

View attachment 270055

View attachment 270058
So your Secret Santa was Marlin Perkins?

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
I’m totally blown away. Thank you, David @huckleberry! You are truly a gentleman and a scholar. I almost got emotional seeing all the wonderful gifts. All blends new to me, having never had anything from dunhill. And the pipes, wow! I know I’m breaking that meer in tomorrow, and I love cobs. The accessories are icing on the cake! Thank you, my friend!

Also, I’ll up my game next year. Sorry, my guy. Did not think of things other than tobacco and way over-thought getting the package across the border.
View attachment 270057
You are very welcome!...and I hope you enjoy every bowl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.