PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
On that note.
Years ago the wife and I were dating and this cat (besides myself) kept coming over to her yard and she started feeding it.
Went on for awhile and then one day we were out riding around and saw the damn thing asleep on the back of a sofa in front of a bay window watching tv inside a neighbors house down the street😂
They certainly have a way of finding their way into people’s hearts. When I was in my teens, my family moved into a new house and an orange tabby with a collar kept coming around, sitting on the back wall. We asked around the neighborhood but nobody knew whose cat it was. My stepmother was not a cat lover but one day, figuring he’d been abandoned, she took pity on him, gave me some money and sent me to the store for some cat food. Thereafter, he lived happily with my folks for the next 13 years.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
On that note.
Years ago the wife and I were dating and this cat (besides myself) kept coming over to her yard and she started feeding it.
Went on for awhile and then one day we were out riding around and saw the damn thing asleep on the back of a sofa in front of a bay window watching tv inside a neighbors house down the street😂
Smart cat!

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Wonderful Spring day. Busy chore day brings me to a well deserved smoke and a glass of 50/50 Homemade Kombucha and black ice tea.
The Pete Derry 106 with some Peretti London Flake graciously provided by @PrivatePiping.
Some very good baccy - bready Virginia sweetness with some noticeable spice from the Perique. I might like this one more than the Peretti #8 Slice?
image.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking the last of this tin of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. One of these days, I'll revisit the blend and pipe.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Expensive tobacco in a cheap pipe for me this afternoon! I'm trying out Escudo Navy Deluxe with about a year of age on it in the Dr Grabow Lark.

IMG20240319160331~2.jpg

Based on the strong red wine tin aroma I thought I was going to really dig Escudo, but I'm finding it surprisingly unremarkable. A little bit of grass, a little bit of hay, some bread, and a dash of peppery spice. It's pretty much the textbook definition of what you'd expect a VaPer to taste like, but that's not a knock at all. It's a totally solid and plenty enjoyable blend that's very smooth and has a nice middle of the road medium nicotine content, but given all the hype around it I think I may have been expecting a little too much from Escudo. It's a good VaPer, but as far as I can tell it's just that. A good VaPer.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Listing this a few minutes early: year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2018 HH Pure Virginia in a Brulor with horn stem

53591591099_3f98e2d518_k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.