PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I’m interested to hear your comments on the The Patience of Dr. Silence compared to 1792 flake? I’ve never tried 1792, but will definitely be ordering more Dr. Silence.
Also, very nice design for a sling mount.
After one smoke: nothing like 1792DKF. The PoDs tastes (to me) fresh out of bag like upscale Half and Half, especially halfway through onward. Good stuff, but I won’t be going deep.
Thx on the sling mount.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
After one smoke: nothing like 1792DKF. The PoDs tastes (to me) fresh out of bag like upscale Half and Half, especially halfway through onward. Good stuff, but I won’t be going deep.
Thx on the sling mount.
@Sobrbiker ,
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I need to go read a tobacco review for 1792 to get a better idea on the flavor. I’ll have to keep on the lookout and snag a tin of 1792 whenever it is available.
I have a nice set of leather tools and enjoy making belts and other small projects. Very enjoyable hobby and provides practical products and solutions that are IMHO more aesthetic or handsome and if properly cared for, as durable as nylon or plastic.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Earlier, I smoked a bowl of unreleased 2021 Sutliff VaPer in a mid-2000 decade Tom Eltang straight black sand blasted canted AJ Dublin with a cream and brown horn ferrule, and a tapered black acrylic stem.
Tom_Eltang_AJDublin.jpg

Currently, I'm just finishing this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff Revelation Match in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII Kingsway (Comoy’s) London Made 61 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Kingsway_Canadian61.jpg

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Is this a new “can” or are you “danger close” to running out of Maple Shadows!
Side note: whenever I read the name of this tobacco, I can’t help, but think of the old radio show “The Shadow”. Only the Shadow knows. Maybe I’m dating myself?
Dangerously close to empty, I only got the one can, it's partway down the Sutliff logo at the bottom, about 1.5 to 2 oz or so left.

As much as I love it, I have so many blends waiting to be tasted. For example, I bought one each of the 6 in the Caribbean Blue series by K&K and I've only had one of them so far. There's also others that have been open a while, my JA Dragon Flake isn't even half gone and it's been open almost a year now.

I'd be able to get through tasting more blends faster (I don't want too many open at once, especially of aros that will lose luster over time) if I had the time to smoke more than an average of maybe 1.25 bowls per day.

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
Davidoff Flake Medallions in a Castello Sea Rock.

892IMG0032.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.