PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Sometimes you get lucky.

Anyone snag this bad boy?

Apparently, my ebay search terms suck.

Tossed a last minute bid for a terracotta Pub Pipe at $151. Skyrocketed to about $235 rather quickly.

Reactions: AroEnglish
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
  • Sad

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This is a great shape, I've not seen this Charatan before. The weight, 100+ grams, which saved me $564!

• Love

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This 1883 Barling did exceptionally well:

When I bought mine:

pfZLmQL.jpg

which also has more elaborate sterling work and a rare black amber stem, I paid about half this amount. Judging from a number of recent eBay auctions, interest in 19th century pipes has grown, as have the prices they now get. Used to be the kiss of death not all that long ago.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I thought if this Dunhill ODA stayed less than $1,000, I'd take a shot. Not even close. I think this seller is Paige Simms? (formally from the Baltimore area)

1693274734112.png

Ryan

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
I was hoping that maybe I found a Barlings Make I could afford because of the top repair, but it still went for more than I wanted to bid.

Reactions: orlandofurioso

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
I suppose the seller deserves some credit for not trying to the disguise radical major surgery he has performed on pipes that I presume seemed beyond saving. But I must say when I first began to stumble on these ebay listings my heart sank and I thought--to put the matter politely--WTF?

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
I suppose the seller deserves some credit for not trying to the disguise radical major surgery he has performed on pipes that I presume seemed beyond saving. But I must say when I first began to stumble on these ebay listings my heart sank and I thought--to put the matter politely--WTF?
Right.
At least the seller hasn't adorned the pipe with the copper ring, read tube jammed, atop the bowl, that we saw some time ago.

Reactions: orlandofurioso