PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center

I’ve been wanting one of these but lost. It seemed like it just needed some love to bring it back. I've seen some of these in the $300 range but I didn't want it badly enough to cross $150.

Reactions: jaingorenard

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK

I’ve been wanting one of these but lost. It seemed like it just needed some love to bring it back. I've seen some of these in the $300 range but I didn't want it badly enough to cross $150.
Always been interested to know what these bowls smoke like. I have an old French pipe with this style of bowl, but I haven't cleaned it up yet. I imagine you end up with unburnt tobacco in the 'corners', but maybe not.

Reactions: NC TX ID pipeman

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
This is a BIN,so have at it!
Pipes from this era aren't seen as quality pieces from Sasieni, I wonder what kind of offers the seller will get.
The last unsmoked Specially Selected 8-Dot that I remember sold for $600 or so, one pipe. Those pipes had a wax/thread seal from bowl to button.

1691581063736.jpeg
1691581086610.jpeg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Always been interested to know what these bowls smoke like. I have an old French pipe with this style of bowl, but I haven't cleaned it up yet. I imagine you end up with unburnt tobacco in the 'corners', but maybe not.
Used to be a favourite shape with lift operators & train drivers, I believe….Mind the doors!

• Haha
Reactions: jaingorenard

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Pipes from this era aren't seen as quality pieces from Sasieni, I wonder what kind of offers the seller will get.
The last unsmoked Specially Selected 8-Dot that I remember sold for $600 or so, one pipe. Those pipes had a wax/thread seal from bowl to button.

View attachment 238819
View attachment 238820
Yeah I saw this - Interesting, the family era of Sasieni ended in 1979, but I'd assume the next ownership was still using the same wood and all. I know next to nothing about the factory details.
Amazing that one year will likely make a fair difference in the end price.

Reactions: AroEnglish

bayareabriar

Lifer
May 8, 2019

View attachment 238819
View attachment 238820
I messaged the seller and they said it sold for 8k

• Wow
Reactions: AroEnglish

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
I really wanted to bid on this 1985 Ashton, but at 68 grams (XXX), I knew it would just be too large for my use. The final bid seemed reasonable for a single-digit year Ashton (his best work)