PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Dan this is the pipe I used. It was Capstan Blue. I'm sure you would like it. I've never tried the yellow tinView attachment 196659
@Carol Nice pipe; is it a Markus Fohr clay?
Thanks for the tobacco recommendation; I like a nice Virginia in my clays.
One of the reviews on the Smokingpipes website states that Capstan Flake Yellow has a lemongrass flavour so it would definitely suit the King's clay.
A shame we couldn't meet for some of your homemade mead and some tobacco - in a clay of course:)
If I was in the Sealed Knot the Jamestown clays would be my chosen pipe.
I'm keeping the one I smoked at Nantwich (after I broke my Hardcastle clay while tipping the ash out) for re-enactments.
Might get some more from Smokingpipes - and something to smoke in them - if I was taking part in clay pipe era re-enactments.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
It was discontinued a few years ago sadly.
@Chasing Embers I smoked a packet of it in my clay pipes; again sent by @condorlover1. I think it didn't sell as it wasn't a traditional pipe baccy flavour. Perhaps the Clay King's palate is more refined now:)
A shame Chaukisch has disappeared as he said he was making me a special "Clay King" clay pipe blend...

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
A nice afternoon, so PS luxury navy flake in, what else but the Georg Jensen Admiral, with shark destroyer hazy IPA, listening to pipes magazine podcast, and cleaning last week’s worth of pipes.
View attachment 196667View attachment 196668
@Scottmi There's only one of these pipes I'd consider smoking:)
I enjoyed the Luxury Navy Flake in my clay pipes.
Although pipe baccy is much cheaper online from the USA, if I bought a pound or half a pound I'd probably smoke it all and have none left for the re-enactments I'd bought it for...

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
cut up some Brown Bogie for a wvss marked small billiard. @Carol by this time next month I'll officially be done with winter even though our last frost is mid May.
View attachment 196644
@BlueRidge Is it right you just slice the twist into coins and then rub it out?
That's what I did when I bought some Gawith brown twist to smoke in my clay pipe at the Battle of Nantwich.
The rubbed out baccy was in larger pieces than commercial Ready Rubbed blends; is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
First pipe of the year. Been busy plus it’s been raining a ton! And it’s been so long I got signed out of the forum.

Did have a fun conversation with a friend in Friday about the absolute necessity of having Cuban rum with Cuban cigars. It is on our to do list when he returns from some traveling.

Pete Aran with Father Dempsey.

Hope everyone’s well. D17B64E7-4EF9-49F0-B438-D9B1C9054BA8.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Am passing the first third of this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Getting ready to watch an episode of McCloud.
Barling_249.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.