PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink. It's time for my weekly Sunday pipe zoom.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Some pictures from the Battle of Nantwich:
"Condor Moment":
I smoked a clay pipe with the guy on the left in this picture at Bolsover Castle in 2019 (once I managed to get it lit:)):
https://flic.kr/p/2ocPyYU Another "Condor Moment" from the 2009 event:
https://flic.kr/p/64F53i Looking at taking part in a weekend event in the next year or two; I'll be taking my Jamestown clays and something to smoke in them. @simong suggests SG Cannon Plug for the Sealed Knot events, or any twist / plug. My local tobacconist in Chesterfield sells GH twist loose; 20g was more than enough for the day in Nantwich. Finished it now - Man it went down well!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I sure understand that. I smoked a bowl of Capstan Flake in a clay, and now I'm looking over seed catalogs, and reading fly fishing stories. :)
@Carol Which clay were you smoking - and is it the Capstan Flake Blue or Yellow as Smokingpipes lists both? Do you recommend them to the Clay King, as they're Virginia blends so would be well suited to the King's clay?

Status
Not open for further replies.