Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
The tobacco gods have been smiling upon me :col:

1lb Macbaren Vanilla Cream
8oz Match Balkan Sobranie
8oz Match Balkan Sobranie 759

Hope that my fellow Aussie pipe smokers have also been taking advantage of the Christmas mail rush.
I've been so fortunate that when tracking showed that this order had cleared customs [that I wait to see before making another order] when I went to transfer funds to my debit card I wondered where a chunk of money had gone.
When I checked expenditure I saw that I've spent close to $2,000 on tobacco over the last couple of months. That's an extra 20lb in my cupboard. puffy

As a wise man once said; times of tobacco and no money, will see one through better than times of money and no tobacco.
How true that is my friends.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Ahhh this thread always makes my mouth water haha - this month has been tobacco-tastic, not gonna lie:

2 x 3.5 oz Mac Baren Plumcake ...once I realized I was absolutely crazy for this blend I purchased...
1 x 16 oz Mac Baren Plumcake as well as
4 x 1.5 oz Drexel VIII pouches

Both the Drexel and Plumcake were instant hits - after years of pipe smoking and a disdain for Latakia I found a blend that has *juuuust* the right amount and made me rethink my whole approach to Latakia.

Cheers folks!

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
@kg.legat0 I love the taste of Plumcake and it's got a great tin note but it's one Macbaren blend that bites me bad.
Determined to find a way to enjoy it, I found that it was fine in a 1950s meerschaum lined Heibe Goldpoint Dublin once a day.

There's just a smidgeon of Latakia in Plumcake but I agree that Latakia is a rather nice addition when used sparingly.

I've got one 3.5oz tin left that's over 5yo that I've been saving.
Hmm, might even consider popping it for Christmas. puffy

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Another colleague just returned from the States and came bearing gifts.
View attachment 188953
I have one more mule colleague coming back from the States in the next couple weeks who will also bring some goodies for me.
Good to see that another living under a tobacco repressive regime has also been blessed by the tobacco gods.
You've been accumulating a nice little stash that should keep you happy for some time.
That Cringle Flake looks particularly inviting puffy

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Since this is the best time of year to run the gauntlet so to speak, I've doubled up by also ordering to a mates address.
Although he thinks that I'm being overly generous, I give him a quarter of every order that goes to his address.
The way I see it is I have an extra 1.5lbs from each order that I would not otherwise have [plus it will save him from asking for baccy when he runs out . . . well at least that's the plan, lol]

1lb BL-WB [Burley Lite Without Bite] First time I've tried. Me like.
1lb Edgeworth Ready Rubbed . . . ready rubbed? It's full of huge chunks that need to be chopped up.
Apart from that it's another nice Burley blend that I've not tried before.
4 oz 1Q. Not sure why this blend has its critics. A nice mild aro that's not at all moist or goopy, ready to smoke straight from the bag. It's one of the blends that I smoke on social occasions.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Ahhh this thread always makes my mouth water haha - this month has been tobacco-tastic, not gonna lie:

2 x 3.5 oz Mac Baren Plumcake ...once I realized I was absolutely crazy for this blend I purchased...
1 x 16 oz Mac Baren Plumcake as well as
4 x 1.5 oz Drexel VIII pouches

Both the Drexel and Plumcake were instant hits - after years of pipe smoking and a disdain for Latakia I found a blend that has *juuuust* the right amount and made me rethink my whole approach to Latakia.

Cheers folks!
I've got a good dozen or so Mac Baren tins just aging in the cellar, and Plumcake is one of them. I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of jarred blends I have going right now (about three dozen), but your description intrigues me nonetheless. I just pulled the tin out to check the date...January 2015. Does it age well?

Status
Not open for further replies.