PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
As many of you know, I failed in my first attempt. Too many different variables and excuses to list.

This time should go much differently. I have a lot more experience with meers, and they are all I've been smoking for the past 3 or 4 months at this point. At the end of my last thread I had given up on meers altogether, thinking they weren't for me.

This is mainly just a thread to watch how this particular pipe colors, with little rest, and again to test my patience with only one pipe.

This thread comes at a particularly sad time for me with the loss of my friend and our forum member Weezell. He had bugged me during my Grabow thread about doing one with a meer, and he sent me my first and favorite meer to date. We had many messages back and forth, and phone calls. What a great guy. He will be missed dearly.

Anyhow, the pipe in question is an Altinay lattice bent billiard. I noticed the past few months how the price of meerschaums have gone up. Then I came across this one. Bent, carved lattice, and extremely light at 22g. I wondered how it could be sold so inexpensive. Well then it arrived, and it's one of the smallest pipes I own now. But this is all ok, as I prefer smaller pipes, bents are more comfortable, and carved pipes seem to color faster for me atleast.

Screenshot_20221209-193211~2.pngScreenshot_20221209-193205.pngPXL_20221215_010741747.MP.jpgPXL_20221215_010758059.MP.jpg

First smoke, Cornell and Diehl: Old Joe Krantz Blue. I managed to keep it going for 30 minutes. Perfect amount for me.
PXL_20221215_220125750.MP.jpg

Oh and my tamper fits, so that's a bonus!
PXL_20221215_220512910.jpg

This thread is for you, @weezell...

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Awesome pipe and it is kind of funny, only because when i bought my first meer i didn't pay attention to the size and it was pretty small, not saying you did that but i certainly did lol

May your friend's memory be a blessing.
Nope I only looked at the weight. 😂 Now I know how to get a pipe that light, you make em for babies! Lol

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
As many of you know, I failed in my first attempt. Too many different variables and excuses to list.

This time should go much differently. I have a lot more experience with meers, and they are all I've been smoking for the past 3 or 4 months at this point. At the end of my last thread I had given up on meers altogether, thinking they weren't for me.

This is mainly just a thread to watch how this particular pipe colors, with little rest, and again to test my patience with only one pipe.

This thread comes at a particularly sad time for me with the loss of my friend and our forum member Weezell. He had bugged me during my Grabow thread about doing one with a meer, and he sent me my first and favorite meer to date. We had many messages back and forth, and phone calls. What a great guy. He will be missed dearly.

Anyhow, the pipe in question is an Altinay lattice bent billiard. I noticed the past few months how the price of meerschaums have gone up. Then I came across this one. Bent, carved lattice, and extremely light at 22g. I wondered how it could be sold so inexpensive. Well then it arrived, and it's one of the smallest pipes I own now. But this is all ok, as I prefer smaller pipes, bents are more comfortable, and carved pipes seem to color faster for me atleast.

View attachment 187470View attachment 187471View attachment 187472View attachment 187473

First smoke, Cornell and Diehl: Old Joe Krantz Blue. I managed to keep it going for 30 minutes. Perfect amount for me.
View attachment 187474

Oh and my tamper fits, so that's a bonus!
View attachment 187475

This thread is for you, @weezell...
Good luck! This place is now Meer Eye For The Briar Guy!

Love my briars, but man the one Meer I have is a good one and I’ve been sucked into a Meer commission by all you enablers!!!!

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
All this talk of lighweight meers and I'm going to have to do some research. I prefer all of my pipes to be lightweight. Everytime I've looked at meers in the past they seem absolutely enormous for my preferences. In an effort to skirt that issue I bought a falcon with a meer bowl. It did not go well. Hot would be an absolute understatment.

Good luck on your endeavor.

Jason