PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Good nights. After a bachelor dinner, I mean, I'm married, but I'm home alone. Yeah, I know, you want to know what the hell a bachelor dinner is. Okay, so I made some hot dogs, with mayo and mustard, ketchup and a little cheese, kind of like a hot dog, but kind of messy, you know. A golden apple for dessert. And now enjoying a glass of whiskey and a few ounces of chocolate, with an H Upmann Coronas Junior cigar. It's a cool, quiet night, the local police sirens, always playing at this hour. I'm listening to the radio, some 60's/70's Spanish music. I've spent 600 euros on whiskey, in a couple of days, or was it a couple of hours, I can't remember. I don't have any more space at home, I already have stuff in the bathtub. Maybe if I go on like this, I'll be single before the new year. Damn, this whisky is incredible.View attachment 171038

600 Euros for a bottle of whiskey or 600 Euros for many bottles of whiskey? hmm 🤔

WOW if a 600 Euro bottle of whiskey, that must be one fine night! :)

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
WOW 100 years! Big congrats to Dad! 🎈🍾🎉

I wish him well, the best to you and Dad! ❤️
Thank you !

My grandparents lived into their 90’s with very little medical intervention. So longevity is in his genes

Dad had a heart attack when he was 62yo.
His cardiologist said he didn’t qualify to be treated in the ICU because he was over 60yo. Meaning he was using up an expensive resource and probably not going to survive that much longer.

So his turning 100yo is a bit if a poke-in-the-eye for the medical profession 🤣

Perhaps it’s more accurately a reflection of the progress made in medicine in the past 40years 🤔

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
600 Euros for a bottle of whiskey or 600 Euros for many bottles of whiskey? hmm 🤔

WOW if a 600 Euro bottle of whiskey, that must be one fine night! :)
Maybe the translator did a bad job. No, I meant I spent 600 euros on bottles of whiskey, the price range is 43 to 115 euros, so I was able to buy a modest amount. I would not spend 600 euros on a single bottle. At the moment my economy does not allow it.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
A noble deed indeed for the King of Clay. You can find garbage washed ashore in even the most remote places and I've seen whole vacuum cleaners with a set of new bags and all, half buried in the soil of our small local forest. The way this planet is generally treated is simply just disgusting.
Good for us all that people are out there like you are. I hope it gets the litterbugs to reflect,
even if just a little bit.

OT:
Preparing for a drunk but good night's rest with some LatVA/Turkish in my clay, for a change... 😁
It's just too easy to have a quick and strong smoke with it, I haven't had the pleasure of trying a Meer yet and I'm eager to but for now and in my humble opinion, a simple and humble clay pipe will kick any other pipes ass. The only downside is the accumulation of moisture, which a Meer would probably handle much better.

View attachment 170839

Once again in your sunken angel pipe. Enjoy!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Finishing the night with some Gallaher’s Deluxe Mixture in an 1892 W.H. Newman Ltd Meer.

View attachment 171129
Wonder if that Gallahers was the same as Benson & Hedges ‘Finest Smoking Mixture’ (blended for them by Gallahers). Does it taste like you’re smoking a vintage cheese? That’s what the Bensons reminded me of. Mild but exquisite.
Good Morning.
Erinmore in a Peterson, starts my Sunday off in style.
99A0BDC3-ABCA-4B9D-AAB2-FFF735D55AFE.jpeg

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Anthony (my volunteer group leader) says the clay pipe and pewter tankard he found during a river clean-up were mine...
He says the Condor packet I found while litter picking was mine as well:)
Nah, you know better than to just carelessly toss something away.👍 Sounds like good activity though, walking about in the nature with good company and some friendly banter. 😁
I know your fantastic looking Virginia gold leaf is going to be the main component of "Clay King":)
I'll personally pull every little strip off the leaf by hand instead of just cutting it. I tried different ways of cutting the tobacco and I find that this careful ripping and rubbing will result in an incredibly sweet and full smoke. The differences are pretty extreme to be honest. And only the finest goes into the Clay King blend!
I found a medieval looking curtain pole that had been thrown out for scrap; my Belgian tapestry now hangs from it and I got a fleur de lys hinge found during a river clean up. My dad cleaned it up, painted it and made me a wall plaque; it now hangs in my medieval Great Hall themed living room!
That sounds great, you must send me a picture or two of that great hall one day. I'd love to see it!
Once again in your sunken angel pipe. Enjoy!
So it shall be written, so it shall be done. 😎

OT:
After a good muscle burn it's always nice to calm down with a calmer kind of burn. Went out in the garden to enjoy the occasional ray of sunday sunshine with something to smoke, read/think and stroke. It never takes long until my little buddy Ernie shows up.
The Burley/VA mix did what I wanted it to do, today my palate finally updated and got some really nice and nutty Burley flavors that I never tasted before. That was a real "wow" moment.

20220925_113537 - Copy.jpg

Have a nice sunday, everbody!puffy

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Wonder if that Gallahers was the same as Benson & Hedges ‘Finest Smoking Mixture’ (blended for them by Gallahers). Does it taste like you’re smoking a vintage cheese? That’s what the Bensons reminded me of. Mild but exquisite.
Good Morning.
Erinmore in a Peterson, starts my Sunday off in style.
View attachment 171135
It’s a light Latakia blend. Like Balkan Sobranie with a green tin.

Here’s a pic of the tin
C7A6A0A5-9684-4A3F-8B97-3286AEA7F2CB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.