PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Is there a way to cellar Copenhagen?
I guess vacuum sealing might be an option.
Can’t you freeze it?

also, the whole limiting and slowly reducing nicotine levels (more so in vape than cigarettes), as well as banning the use of flavours to hide the taste of tobacco has been a big part of NZs smoke free strategy. It doesn’t make sense to me. I’ve always thought removing taxes altogether and only allowing people to smoke rope tobacco would be far more effective…ok, so my unconscious bias is showing.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Can’t you freeze it?

also, the whole limiting and slowly reducing nicotine levels (more so in vape than cigarettes), as well as banning the use of flavours to hide the taste of tobacco has been a big part of NZs smoke free strategy. It doesn’t make sense to me. I’ve always thought removing taxes altogether and only allowing people to smoke rope tobacco would be far more effective…ok, so my unconscious bias is showing.
The environment in a freezer would dry out the tobacco. I'm with you on the ropes.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
The environment in a freezer would dry out the tobacco. I'm with you on the ropes.
My neighbour keeps both his green and white snuss (?) in the fridge. He buys about 2 years worth at a time. Not sure if that’s necessary or not, but those little plastic containers are pretty solid.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I think this is why we got rid of British. And wrote the Constitution with detailed information on how to prevent it. 2nd. Guess some of these people some people voted in didn't study history. Fuck 'em. Wait.. This post might get deleted. But it's not political! It's history lesson!
Agreed ?

Reactions: Carol

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
My neighbour keeps both his green and white snuss (?) in the fridge. He buys about 2 years worth at a time. Not sure if that’s necessary or not, but those little plastic containers are pretty solid.
American dipping tobacco is very poorly packaged. It'll turn to dust in a matter of weeks.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Maybe aromatics
Careful, just a simple nudge could make them consider latakia, dark fired, and perique flavored tobacco. Even the sweet casings on nearly all production tobacco could be considered added flavor. Considering that aromatics are 90% of pipe tobacco sales, they go, pipe tobacco will be a thing of the past.