Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Arturo Fuente Sungrown Magnum R 58

5C48IFkl.jpg

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
Watching the sun rise with a Bolivar petite corona. I didn't really care for these when I got them six years ago but the last couple I've smoked have developed into Graham cracker with coffee. I didn't expect much from them but they are proving me wrong. Hope you have a good day.

20210804_061820.jpg

Last edited:

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Just finishing up a Charter Oak Maduro, Rothschild. Really like these. 1 hour evening smoke.
Hard to beat the value on the Charter Oaks. Both the Maduro and CT versions are very nice smokes for the price.

Now smoking a La Gloria Cubana Medio Tiempo. It is a strange bird... I suspect there is a tasty cigar in there that is being obscured by the Sucralose coating my lips and tongue. I don't recall a sweetened cap being mentioned in any of the ad copy or press releases... but it sure seems obvious to me that something is there. I don't think sweetened caps are an abomination or anything, but why go through the effort of sourcing and then bragging about the special medio tiempo priming and then bury it under one? And why not have the decency to tell consumers? I really do think the cigar is pretty decent and a good value, but I'm just baffled by the corporate decision making here.

20210804_192359.jpg

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Watching the sun rise with a Bolivar petite corona. I didn't really care for these when I got them six years ago but the last couple I've smoked have developed into Graham cracker with coffee. I didn't expect much from them but they are proving me wrong. Hope you have a good day.

View attachment 91075
I need to have some age on my cigars. I’ve only been into cigars for less than a year.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Hard to beat the value on the Charter Oaks. Both the Maduro and CT versions are very nice smokes for the price.

Now smoking a La Gloria Cubana Medio Tiempo. It is a strange bird... I suspect there is a tasty cigar in there that is being obscured by the Sucralose coating my lips and tongue. I don't recall a sweetened cap being mentioned in any of the ad copy or press releases... but it sure seems obvious to me that something is there. I don't think sweetened caps are an abomination or anything, but why go through the effort of sourcing and then bragging about the special medio tiempo priming and then bury it under one? And why not have the decency to tell consumers? I really do think the cigar is pretty decent and a good value, but I'm just baffled by the corporate decision making here.

View attachment 91187
I had my first La Gloria a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed several of them. The Spanish press was really good.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Enjoying a Brick House Maduro. Just happy to have some quiet time. Blessed to be busy at work, taking care of clients (print and promotional marketing), but it’s a flood of juggling. These forced to sit outside alone and relax moments are good.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I had my first La Gloria a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed several of them. The Spanish press was really good.
My local shop had the Spanish Press as well... No sign of a sweetened cap on that one? Will probably pick one up to try. I understand LGC was a huge deal during the cigar boom. I have enjoyed most I've smoked over the years with a couple rotten exceptions.

Now smoking a Partagas Habanero with some decaf coffee.

20210804_212237.jpg

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I need to have some age on my cigars. I’ve only been into cigars for less than a year.
Buy a cooler and some humidification beads, then buy more than you smoke. I would caution that some cigars age better than others; many non-cubans do not age well, with the flavors becoming more faint and ashy-tasting instead of blossoming. I have had consistent good luck aging Cuban and Dominican brands.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Buy a cooler and some humidification beads, then buy more than you smoke. I would caution that some cigars age better than others; many non-cubans do not age well, with the flavors becoming more faint and ashy-tasting instead of blossoming. I have had consistent good luck aging Cuban and Dominican brands.
Good to know. I’ve noticed that even though some might not like to age a long time, a couple months can knock out the ammonia taste that you get with some cigars when you smoke them right off the truck.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Good to know. I’ve noticed that even though some might not like to age a long time, a couple months can knock out the ammonia taste that you get with some cigars when you smoke them right off the truck.
Ammonia is a sign of tobacco that is still undergoing a chemical change and, usually, will age further. Personally, I love when I open a box of Habanos and get that whiff of ammonia. Sure, it means I won't be able to enjoy them for 2-5 years, but after that, look out!

Status
Not open for further replies.