PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Isn't the Añejo line supposed to be the same binders and fillers as the Opus, but with the aged CT broadleaf wrapper instead of the Dominican? Personally, I think Añejo is solid, but doesn't really measure up to the Opus, or really taste all that similar, even accounting for the different wrapper... I actually think their core line maduros like the 858 are just as good as the Añejos.
The Añejos have always seemed to be a slightly tweaked Opus blend, where they share that anisey, earthy, stout tobacco that is used in Opus, Don Arturo, Don Carlos Anniversarios, and a few others. I enjoy the blends and usually pick which one I want based upon which wrapper I'm in the mood for. The Añejo can be had easier and for a better price.

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
Rocky Patel Vintage 2008 San Andreas with morning coffee. Muggy morning after night thunderstorms, here's to the start of a great weekend. This cigar is gorgeous!

View attachment 90389
My eyes saw 2008, it's 2006 robusto. I am thoroughly enjoying this cigar at the half way point. Sweet, chocolate with tons of smoke output. Mild spice and roasted peanuts. Perfect draw and no construction issues. It might have been wise to have had a little breakfast in me before I started.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Hey, man, statistically speaking, we're all more likely to be murdered by our spouses or other loved ones than anyone else ?

I'm still on wife number zero. I keep telling myself I want to do it right and find someone I want to really spend my life with, but really, it ain't like the ladies are lining up to be "the one" either :LOL:
You're a victim of poor taste:)).

Status
Not open for further replies.