PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
From what I know it is not uncommon for fresh cigars to go through a phase of outgassing, and whether that be true in general, whatever age the cigars have before they're smoked is usually advantageous. I don't think I ever smoked cigars right off the truck but let them settle down for months. . .well except that $20 Liga Privada #9 which was out of my pay grade but smoked a few days after purchase. An exquisite one-off.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Stocking up the humidor slowly. Finishing the worst, for my taste cigar, Saint Luis Ray Broadleaf. This is the second try, it’s as bad as the first. I love maduro, broadleaf, Tabernacle, Charter Oak, Liga 9, Curivari Cafe Noir, etc… but this has absolutely none of those flavors.

I get this, thin, hay and grass taste, and not the good Virginia pipe tobacco type. It reminds me of second hand cigarette smoke. I gave it my best try to see if I just had a bad stick the first time, but nope, this one is for sure not for me. 2C638624-DED9-4C0E-955D-281038399F05.jpegThat’s my blech face. I hope can tell it’s different from my regular face?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Stocking up the humidor slowly. Finishing the worst, for my taste cigar, Saint Luis Ray Broadleaf. This is the second try, it’s as bad as the first. I love maduro, broadleaf, Tabernacle, Charter Oak, Liga 9, Curivari Cafe Noir, etc… but this has absolutely none of those flavors.

I get this, thin, hay and grass taste, and not the good Virginia pipe tobacco type. It reminds me of second hand cigarette smoke. I gave it my best try to see if I just had a bad stick the first time, but nope, this one is for sure not for me. View attachment 91372That’s my blech face. I hope can tell it’s different from my regular face?
Donate the rest to charity?

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
From what I know it is not uncommon for fresh cigars to go through a phase of outgassing, and whether that be true in general, whatever age the cigars have before they're smoked is usually advantageous. I don't think I ever smoked cigars right off the truck but let them settle down for months. . .well except that $20 Liga Privada #9 which was out of my pay grade but smoked a few days after purchase. An exquisite one-off.
Yes. I’ve only recently gotten into the whole online cigar purchasing/bidding thing. I used to buy cigars at a B&M years ago, but they were always already aged a bit in the walk-in humidor at the store.

I don’t remember if I asked you, what do you think of those?
It’s extremely flavorful and quite good. I am liking it a lot today. Full bodied Maduro, maybe a hint of sweetness and occasionally tastes like a Dark Fired Cigar.

In the past I have had minor construction issues. The flavors had always been there, but occasionally in the past I liked it a little less sometimes.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
@pantsBoots that must be a glorious humidor, I kinda wish I was your kin now lmao ?
Just a cooler and 3 desktops - it's not much, but it's home. I think I posted pics in the "Show me your humidor" thread. I haven't bought any cigars for over a year and much of what I have was purchased over the course of 5 or 6 years. It's coming in handy with the chaotic pricing and availability going on with Habanos.

The collection comes in extra handy since I discovered pipe smoking last year. I'm down to a couple cigars per month. What was probably a 3-5 year supply is now going to last over a decade. I've also sold some and traded some for pipe tobacco to build a small cellar once I figured out I like the stuff.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
One of these earlier...
WG3b3eM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.