PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ChippewaAce

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2021
Tennessee
I posted a few pictures in this thread. Post #28. I haven’t done much smithing this summer because I moved schools (teaching is my main job) and had a lot of paperwork and physical moving to do, but usually most of my posts in the WAYS thread are done from my shop with sweaty hands ?
WOW! Those are gorgeous! Does it break the forum rules to ask if you have a website that displays your work? Would love to see more!

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Here are some of my folding knives. Not showing is my CRK Mnandi that I always have clipped inside the pocket of my work pants.

From top to bottom:
Massdrop Ferrum Forge Crux,
Bestech Texel,
Spyderco Native 5,
Spyderco Dragonfly 2,
Victorinox Tinker

I just noticed that my dark blue jeans seem to have smudged the top two.
PXL_20210801_020818567.jpg

Mar 1, 2014
I absolutely adore the Cold Steel Hold Out, both for Amazon and for hiking in the woods.
The Tri-Ad lock is 100% legit and probably the most secure lock ever invented, and while maybe not the most convenient, if you like a Back Lock then the Tri-Ad is right up your alley.

The thing I really appreciate about Cold Steel is they make BIG knives that are still made first and foremost as cutting tools.
With six inches of distal tapered full flat ground blade, and grip filling lightweight G-10 handle, you will not find a better cutting tool with a pocket clip than the Hold Out.

ChippewaAce

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2021
Tennessee
I absolutely adore the Cold Steel Hold Out, both for Amazon and for hiking in the woods.
The Tri-Ad lock is 100% legit and probably the most secure lock ever invented, and while maybe not the most convenient, if you like a Back Lock then the Tri-Ad is right up your alley.

The thing I really appreciate about Cold Steel is they make BIG knives that are still made first and foremost as cutting tools.
With six inches of distal tapered full flat ground blade, and grip filling lightweight G-10 handle, you will not find a better cutting tool with a pocket clip than the Hold Out.
Wow! Right on man. This sounds like one worth looking into as well. Thank you!

Reactions: frozenchurchwarden

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
A bit off topic, apologies... Has anyone forgotten to remove their pocket knife whilst at the airport, trying to board a flight?

Prior to entering an airport once I realized I had a Swiss Army knife in my pocket. I stashed it in a bush outside and retrieved it upon my return. I was anxious on my whole trip about possibly losing that knife. $30 knife, but still...it had a sentimental value. ?

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
View attachment 90571

Not much love for Buck. This is the one I carry most. A bear to sharpen but holds an edge longer than anything else I've owned.
Yeah, Bucks are a little tricky to sharpen. My Fallkniven is similar. Requires allot of patience. There's something to be said for a Victorinox blade....sharpens so quickly and easily

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
View attachment 90571

Not much love for Buck. This is the one I carry most. A bear to sharpen but holds an edge longer than anything else I've owned.
The ones I’ve owned that were made in the USA were good. I can’t bring myself to buy a knife made in China, so I don’t have experience with any of those models. They may be good, too, but I just can’t do it ?