PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
You know that most of us codgers grew up in the 60's to 70's, so most of us don't think that pot is the lunatic drug that OUR parents did. But, the one reason I have avoided it, is that everyone I ever knew that sat on a couch all day smoking pot... is still setting on that same couch somewhere smoking pot. They may not be crazy robbing stores or causing problems in public, but they're also not motivated enough to... contribute to society. Maybe they work enough to keep their beloved couch out of the rain. Maybe work an extra couple of hours to buy a new bong. But, pot is mostly tolerated by most, because it keeps people stupid and unmotivated.
I'm not that much more impressed by alcoholics either. puffy
We agree.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
You know that most of us codgers grew up in the 60's to 70's, so most of us don't think that pot is the lunatic drug that OUR parents did. But, the one reason I have avoided it, is that everyone I ever knew that sat on a couch all day smoking pot... is still setting on that same couch somewhere smoking pot. They may not be crazy robbing stores or causing problems in public, but they're also not motivated enough to... contribute to society. Maybe they work enough to keep their beloved couch out of the rain. Maybe work an extra couple of hours to buy a new bong. But, pot is mostly tolerated by most, because it keeps people stupid and unmotivated.
hey thanks for dissing me and my couch. Seriously though I know a lot of drunks that are under their couches by the end of the night not ever getting much done including cleaning up the damn place. And you knowing so many unmotivated layabouts says more about your friendship then it does about cannabis usage. Though I guess you hate America as George Washington sure seemed like a stoner (at least when talking about his garden.)

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Huh. I personally know several lawyers, engineers, doctors, farmers, and midwives that would beg to differ. Too, I know plenty of straight-laced types that don't imbibe, yet set glued to the telly for the bread and circus sportsball games and Hollywood blockbusters/Netfux original binge series.

Huh. I personally know several lawyers, engineers, doctors, farmers, and midwives that would beg to differ. Too, I know plenty of straight-laced types that don't imbibe, yet set glued to the telly for the bread and circus sportsball games and Hollywood blockbusters/Netfux original binge series.
I didn't say that laziness was exclusive to pot smokers. And, I'm glad that you know lots of professionals who smoke pot.
I was just stating what I have seen as to why I have never imbibed. But... ♫ ♩♩♩ whatever gets you through the night... is all right, it's all right... puffy

Reactions: BROBS

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I didn't say that laziness was exclusive to pot smokers. And, I'm glad that you know lots of professionals who smoke pot.
I was just stating what I have seen as to why I have never imbibed. But... ♫ ♩♩♩ whatever gets you through the night... is all right, it's all right... puffy
My brother is in a similar boat. All of his high school friends that were sitting on couches, surrounded by black light posters? They're still there, decades later.

deuceswild818

Might Stick Around
Mar 21, 2021
Charleston, SC
Definitely know many professionals that partake but would need to see where they fall on the spectrum of use, only a few of the ones I know do it most of the day and they tend to be blue collar or math Phds weirdly enough. All the others are nighttime users who use it to relax as they don't drink/use a different vice. Most people I know(very anecdotal) who use quite often do seem to have a problem with progression of their lives but I don't just put this on this particular drug, I see this with any drug/alcohol user....this one just tends to not make you violent or homeless, just stagnant.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Definitely know many professionals that partake but would need to see where they fall on the spectrum of use, only a few of the ones I know do it most of the day and they tend to be blue collar or math Phds weirdly enough. All the others are nighttime users who use it to relax as they don't drink/use a different vice. Most people I know(very anecdotal) who use quite often do seem to have a problem with progression of their lives but I don't just put this on this particular drug, I see this with any drug/alcohol user....this one just tends to not make you violent or homeless, just stagnant.
Yeah, hard to be a licensed professional stoned tits up all day. Quite a few in my list above, though, are every day users. Of them, only the farmers seem to hold it together while smoking cannabis during the day. Something relaxing about driving a tractor back and forth all red-eyed.

deuceswild818

Might Stick Around
Mar 21, 2021
Charleston, SC
Yeah, hard to be a licensed professional stoned tits up all day. Quite a few in my list above, though, are every day users. Of them, only the farmers seem to hold it together while smoking cannabis during the day. Something relaxing about driving a tractor back and forth all red-eyed.
Haha, yeah, it seems easier most of the time for people who are doing similar things all day. It's why they drug test for heavy machinery and not so much for checkout clerk at a rite-aid pharmacy.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Lol there was also an increase in fatal car accidents in areas where tickle me Elmo was popular.

the increase in fatal car accidents is most likely due to the huge influx of people in legalized areas... therefore due to congestion and population increase, not because of any substance.

ever heard of false correlation?

Harder to get in a fatal car accident when no one else is around.
Apparently a"false correlation" is anything you disagree with.

deuceswild818

Might Stick Around
Mar 21, 2021
Charleston, SC
Apparently a"false correlation" is anything you disagree with.
What we can draw from what he stated is most potheads can't afford cars and therefore do not drive, we should look at accidents involving bicycles or house fires involving sleeping individuals with either Space Ghost : Coast to Coast or Trailer Park Boys was left on. :)

• Haha
Reactions: edger

deuceswild818

Might Stick Around
Mar 21, 2021
Charleston, SC
Haha that correlation can’t be related to one another... or it could. But it’s certainly not proven by AAA. ?

were the people in fatal car crashes “high”?
That's a hard thing to test for, maybe, maybe there are more crashes from people moving in but also maybe they moved there to get high.