PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Why not? I hope they make a bundle. Every aspect of our industry, from tobacco to pipe makers, is under threat. Pot is becoming legal across the country. What is the big deal? It is a helluva less impactful than consuming the quantities of alcohol many here do....ahem, including myself.
Oh shit codger rage in 3....2.....1......

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yes, I am well aware, hahaha. I used the wrapper example because there is very little chance of plausible deniability for their intended use and market demographic as there is with actual cheap cigars such as swishers, dutchies, phillies, etc.

Believe it or not, people DO actually smoke those things as sold! I highly doubt anyone is buying kiwi strawberry wrappers and rolling their own cigars, hahaha.
SPEAK 4 URSELF
(pulls out bugler and fills a grape white owl wrap)

Why not? I hope they make a bundle. Every aspect of our industry, from tobacco to pipe makers, is under threat. Pot is becoming legal across the country. What is the big deal? It is a helluva less impactful than consuming the quantities of alcohol many here do....ahem, including myself.
You know that most of us codgers grew up in the 60's to 70's, so most of us don't think that pot is the lunatic drug that OUR parents did. But, the one reason I have avoided it, is that everyone I ever knew that sat on a couch all day smoking pot... is still setting on that same couch somewhere smoking pot. They may not be crazy robbing stores or causing problems in public, but they're also not motivated enough to... contribute to society. Maybe they work enough to keep their beloved couch out of the rain. Maybe work an extra couple of hours to buy a new bong. But, pot is mostly tolerated by most, because it keeps people stupid and unmotivated.
I'm not that much more impressed by alcoholics either. puffy

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
You know that most of us codgers grew up in the 60's to 70's, so most of us don't think that pot is the lunatic drug that OUR parents did. But, the one reason I have avoided it, is that everyone I ever knew that sat on a couch all day smoking pot... is still setting on that same couch somewhere smoking pot. They may not be crazy robbing stores or causing problems in public, but they're also not motivated enough to... contribute to society. Maybe they work enough to keep their beloved couch out of the rain. Maybe work and extra couple of hours to buy a new bong. But, pot is mostly tolerated by most, because it keeps people stupid and unmotivated.
I'm not that much more impressed by alcoholics either. puffy
It has a scale of use like any other substance. More use typically results in more negative lifestyle impacts. I know plenty of people who use it fairly infrequently to have a good time or relax and are still fully functioning members of society. I also know plenty who smoke it all day long and sit on their ass. I could say the same about booze.

It's all on a spectrum.

It has a scale of use like any other substance. More use typically results in more negative lifestyle impacts. I know plenty of people who use it fairly infrequently to have a good time or relax and are still fully functioning members of society. I also know plenty who smoke it all day long and sit on their ass. I could say the same about booze.

It's all on a spectrum.
Wait.... you're in Alaska. What do you know about society, ha ha. JK... I guess you can watch TV up there. ;) puffy

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

It's all on a spectrum.
I know people who don’t do either and are the laziest people in the world. Tobacco isn’t any better, someone can spend all their time pissing around with it, too.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

LRLh.gif

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Anyone who has partaken of the green leaf knows that this photo has absolutely nothing to do with the effects of said green leaf. The activity in this video snippet requires far too much energy to be exerted. Now if you had them lying in a mud puddle, staring at the rain as it hit them in the eyes...
False. You've obviously never come across a good sativa

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If MM didn't do it, a dozen others would. They have the cobs, the knowhow, and the customer base (not all their customers, but a fair percent). As a business decision, it is all but mandatory. You compete or you fade. That's about it. A significant number of people can't handle intoxicating substances, but that problem goes way beyond weed. It seems unlikely to me that Missouri has legalized weed, but I don't really know. Other pipe makers may follow suite. Forget that any old pipe would do. Personally, I feel a little suffocated by the smoke dating back to bronchial pneumonia as a kid. All I want is air and space.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What am I seeing on the link? It looks like the bowl is drilled (on both sides) with a vent hole carburetor and the pipes are supplied with a screen for the bottom of the bowl? Do I have that right?

P.S. The punch line on my last post was from a joke I had with my late wife after a comprehensive visit to the Mall in Washington D.C. ending with the Air and Space Museum, after which I announced that after that, all I wanted was air and space.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I'm pretty sure that I am not supposed to have my firearm at my campsite either, but... is it obvious that, that picture is from a state park or something. I don't even remember saying anything about state parks. Who am I? And, why do I have to get up 6 times throughout the night to piss?
That is one thing I can do in NC is legally cary a firearm and smoke tobacco in a state park.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
What am I seeing on the link? It looks like the bowl is drilled (on both sides) with a vent hole carburetor and the pipes are supplied with a screen for the bottom of the bowl? Do I have that right?

P.S. The punch line on my last post was from a joke I had with my late wife after a comprehensive visit to the Mall in Washington D.C. ending with the Air and Space Museum, after which I announced that after that, all I wanted was air and space.
Yup, you saw that right.....I'm at a loss for words.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Lol there was also an increase in fatal car accidents in areas where tickle me Elmo was popular.

the increase in fatal car accidents is most likely due to the huge influx of people in legalized areas... therefore due to congestion and population increase, not because of any substance.

ever heard of false correlation?

Harder to get in a fatal car accident when no one else is around.