PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I just arrived in Florida on Wednesday, I feel your passion a bit. I brought a small amount from my cellar, the car presented some space limitations. I'll move a bit more each trip, even when flying. No organization at all at this point, just moved it from toes and tubs into a cabinet in the FL man cave. Still getting organized period, shipping for a desk at present.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Hell yea man! I know I need to get on weighing the jars. I weighed an empty one then subtract that off. It’s a total pain in the dick. Would be a lot easier to input as you buy it lol

You are so right. I have every type of jar. 1/4 pint jammies all the way up to regular and wide mouth quarts. It is hard to remember what the empty weight for each type is, let alone going from Ball to Kerr, or even (eyes downcast), Walmart brand.

Dude, is that a safe I see in the corner of the picture? Where you keep the best of the best???

It contains tobacco of such magnificence that he dare not reveal it in public. He has no guns, they were lost in a boating incident...

I just arrived in Florida on Wednesday, I feel your passion a bit. I brought a small amount from my cellar, the car presented some space limitations. I'll move a bit more each trip, even when flying. No organization at all at this point, just moved it from toes and tubs into a cabinet in the FL man cave. Still getting organized period, shipping for a desk at present.

Dude, you are one of the masters. I have gotten glimpses through your posts as to the vastness of your cellar. I was way too much of an underachiever in the career department to keep up with you. lol
I hope you have a nice, climate controlled room in Florida for that treasure trove of yours and I hope to meet you someday so we can compare notes once the 'rona madness is over.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
You are so right. I have every type of jar. 1/4 pint jammies all the way up to regular and wide mouth quarts. It is hard to remember what the empty weight for each type is, let alone going from Ball to Kerr, or even (eyes downcast), Walmart brand.

It contains tobacco of such magnificence that he dare not reveal it in public. He has no guns, they were lost in a boating incident...

Dude, you are one of the masters. I have gotten glimpses through your posts as to the vastness of your cellar. I was way too much of an underachiever in the career department to keep up with you. lol
I hope you have a nice, climate controlled room in Florida for that treasure trove of yours and I hope to meet you someday so we can compare notes once the 'rona madness is over.

The man cave is the 2 car garage. We installed one of those heating/ac units with the motor/compressor outside and the fan unit mounted near the ceiling on the wall. It does a fabulous job of maintaining the temperature and humidity and has a hand held remote control for adjustments. I may end up loading everything in a couple of tubs and transferring in the house during the months we're not going to be here. I hope to meet you as well, if you're in the Sarasota area, give me a holler. I've had the virus so you're safe from me and I'm safe from you, at least as far as the virus goes. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS and wyfbane

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma

View attachment 51568View attachment 51569View attachment 51570View attachment 51571
I see some Latakia on the shelf. You sure you're feeling ok?

• Haha
Reactions: mau1 and BROBS

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
So the next time the wife mentions my growing hoarde I will simply retort with "But BROBS has more..." :)

...way back in the day, on page 1, what are those things leanin' up against your Esoterica stash? Swords? Giant churchwardens?

Also excited to look into McConnell Black Flake thanks to this thread, cheers!

Reactions: BROBS and wyfbane

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Sadly, I have a few friends that actually smoke that crap. And when you're an asshole like me, you can't be the picky about your friends.
Same boat, here, but it makes me appreciate the friends I have - they're true blues. Ain't got no time for boring people I don't REALLY get along with or don't bring much to the table.

My friends love the smell of Balkan blends. They draw the most compliments.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
So the next time the wife mentions my growing hoarde I will simply retort with "But BROBS has more..." :)

...way back in the day, on page 1, what are those things leanin' up against your Esoterica stash? Swords? Giant churchwardens?

Also excited to look into McConnell Black Flake thanks to this thread, cheers!
WW2 Mausers. ?

I think you’ll enjoy black flake if you like FVF or Capstan.

• Wow
Reactions: kg.legat0

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

View attachment 51568View attachment 51569View attachment 51570View attachment 51571
Nice, man! I’m glad you explained it was the garage .. I thought you moved into a storage unit! Lol
That’s pretty sweet tho you can just open the door on nice days.

moving the tobacco sucks,eh?

As for organizing I just mainly go by brand as most of my stuff is VA / VaPer of some kind. Or aro

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Status
Not open for further replies.