PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Well, I simultaneously feel better and worse about my cellar. I really hope Peterson brings back Dark Flake. I wasn't into Virginias back when it was out, but I would love to try it now.

Are those bow socks? My wife and I are traditional archery instructors, and those look like our bow socks.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Well, I simultaneously feel better and worse about my cellar. I really hope Peterson brings back Dark Flake. I wasn't into Virginias back when it was out, but I would love to try it now.

Are those bow socks? My wife and I are traditional archery instructors, and those look like our bow socks.
Gun socks.

Haha whatcha mean better and worse?

McConnell black flake is a clone of it and available.

Traditional like wood and sinew?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
That’s all you got? How long you been smoking, like a year or two? You should have twice that amount by now.;)

But seriously, I’m disappointed in your British OTC stash... step up your game playa!
Started in 2017..
Though I didn’t start cellaring incredibly hard until I arrived on this forum, oddly enough. ?

the two Brit OTCs that are still available that I really like are Benson & Hedges Special Virginia and Maltan Ready Rubbed. I’d like to get my hands on some more old production Maltan.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Gun socks.

Haha whatcha mean better and worse?

McConnell black flake is a clone of it and available.

Traditional like wood and sinew?
Man, they look exactly like our bow socks. Traditional like long bow and recurve. I'm also learning how to do horse archery soon.

Better - I thought I had a lot
Worse - I thought I had a lot

Excellent, thanks for the suggestion!

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Damn dude! Nice cellar. It just needs a little more Marlin Flake, Byronic Slices, and Rattray's Exotic Passion. ;)

Was the move just across town, or did you move cross-country? I'll likely be moving in the next 9 months or so, likely cross-country, and I'm dreading packing up all the tobacco, as well as dealing with the logistics of moving it. The last move we did was in the middle of the summer, and I had to pack my car with my wine/beer cellar and liquor cabinet, as I didn't want such things sitting in an non climate controlled moving truck. Some of the wine was compromised anyway from the heat of sitting in the car, and we had to drink some pretty primo Pinot Noir right after we arrived to Arizona (I know I know, poor us!). This time I will have jars literally falling out the windows of my car. :LOL:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Started in 2017..
Though I didn’t start cellaring incredibly hard until I arrived on this forum, oddly enough. ?

the two Brit OTCs that are still available that I really like are Benson & Hedges Special Virginia and Maltan Ready Rubbed. I’d like to get my hands on some more old production Maltan.
Yup, that’s what happens!

Oh man, I love Maltan RR. I bet the original stuff was amazing! I believe it was the same folks that made Velvan Plug but I’m not doing any fact checking.. too early.

I only have one pouch of Maltan RR left. I will say that I think HU Sissinghurst reminds me of Maltan but it’s been years since I’ve tried any back to back.

Reactions: BROBS and kurtbob

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Damn dude! Nice cellar. It just needs a little more Marlin Flake, Byronic Slices, and Rattray's Exotic Passion. ;)

Was the move just across town, or did you move cross-country? I'll likely be moving in the next 9 months or so, likely cross-country, and I'm dreading packing up all the tobacco, as well as dealing with the logistics of moving it. The last move we did was in the middle of the summer, and I had to pack my car with my wine/beer cellar and liquor cabinet, as I didn't want such things sitting in an non climate controlled moving truck. Some of the wine was compromised anyway from the heat of sitting in the car, and we had to drink some pretty primo Pinot Noir right after we arrived to Arizona (I know I know, poor us!). This time I will have jars literally falling out the windows of my car. :LOL:
The move was just across town. So I had all these jars in full size totes and loaded them into a uhaul truck.

Reactions: kurtbob
You're doing great! I definitely do not recommend those bit plastic cabinets that are supposed to be made for tools. They say they have reinforced shelves, but one night all four shelves just collapsed, pretty much destroying the cabinet, which went straight to the dump.

I now have mine in boxes on a set of metal shelves. I really need to get them out of the boxes or in some fashion of organiozation. Right now, I am playing a game of reaching my hand in a box and just smoking whatever I grab, ha ha. It's like a present, sometimes a nice surprise, sometimes not, ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.