I Prefer to Smoke Hot and Fast Is There a Tobacco for Me?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bloody Marc

Lurker
May 2, 2020
Michigan
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Hey guys, I just recently started smoking a pipe. I started mainly to stop smoking cigarettes and made a seamless transfer a week ago after smoking a pack a day of nearly 10 years (hurray me). Anyway I know it's not SOP to smoke a pipe fast and hot but I can't seem to help it because I want to feel it when I inhale. I've been smoking aromatics and I know I'm just torching the topping and I taste absolutely nothing. Would switching to a non aromatic give me some flavor even when I smoke this way or am I up a tree?

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
A strong shag cut of some kind. I also used Five Brothers and other OTCs to learn to smoke. I still smoke it and other blends like it for nicotine, but they taste good too.

I smoke strong blends and cigarettes in the morning to get my nic levels up, then later on I move to aromatics.

I also agree with @luigi, a strong enough tobacco will slow you down.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Dont inhale. Get some Irish Flake.
You can do a search on tobaccoreviews.com for stronger blends, theres plenty to choose from and coming from cigs, the the stronger blends will ring the nicotene bell.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since blends tend to be designed for the slow sippers, it might take some trial and error, if not some intentional slowing down. I've noticed that flake, coin, plug, and rope tobaccos tend to burn longer, hence probably slower, so that might be one road for you. There are plenty of nicotine strong blends in those cuts.

Kingdom Dokha

Lurker
Jan 15, 2020

Hey guys, I just recently started smoking a pipe. I started mainly to stop smoking cigarettes and made a seamless transfer a week ago after smoking a pack a day of nearly 10 years (hurray me). Anyway I know it's not SOP to smoke a pipe fast and hot but I can't seem to help it because I want to feel it when I inhale. I've been smoking aromatics and I know I'm just torching the topping and I taste absolutely nothing. Would switching to a non aromatic give me some flavor even when I smoke this way or am I up a tree?

I'd look into dokha if you have that urge. It's an inhale Arabic pipe tobacco that's really clean and gives you the buzz you're looking for with a hit or two. It's very different from standard pipe tobacco but still and incredible product far superior to rolling tobacco. I've written a few articles about it on this site.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

If you're coming from cigarettes, you're not going to notice much nicotine if any at all from pipe tobacco. If you smoke any pipe tobacco that hard you're not going to get any flavor at all and you risk damaging the pipe.