PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I'm curious to hear how work life has changed, if at all, for ours sponsors like SPC, Country Squire, etc., and how any changes will affect operations and sales.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
A police officer buddy of mine just told me that they were setting up defence positions at each grocery store, because the governor is about to announce that ALL business is Alabama is CLOSED. They expect panic and craziness. I am watching the local news to see when (or if) this happens.
I don't think that can happen.. people won't be able to eat.

Reactions: 3rdguy

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Let me just say, Americans need guns if they hope to defeat the enemy virus.

Reactions: BROBS
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Our Job at mortician office is hardly slowing down,in all probability it is to be rather opposite scenery,lol, but yes seriously,as of today our parliament declared public service announce, BorderEntries with Russian Federation and Sweden will be shut down as well as Aeroports, only freight cargo, and international road transport remain exclusive

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Anyone else's work slowing as a result of this pandemic? Company I'm with still has work,, but is definitely slowing in the residential and commercial bid areas. Hours are falling back already.
Good news is that 1. I have faith, 2. Have a good supply of nice tins to open and enjoy and 3. There are some crazy good mini series on Netflix!
sort of. My job has gone from vacuming and cleaning with light sanitation duties to mostly sanitation duties. But it kind of makes me long for the apocalypse (just kidding), but it's so peaceful to be able to walk down town and see like three people total.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Bowie

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
A police officer buddy of mine just told me that they were setting up defence positions at each grocery store, because the governor is about to announce that ALL business is Alabama is CLOSED. They expect panic and craziness. I am watching the local news to see when (or if) this happens.

Wow that is quite radical, I don't know how many cases you have in Alabama, but one would think that the population would have access to food supplies. Is the Governor planning on government ran basic goods redistribution centers or something? In Italy it is my understanding that from each family that is not quarantined one person may go to the grocery store, with a special permit, having check points where police officers do id people and check the permits.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I work in the engineering department at a tire manufacturing plant and we are still here. If you are high enough up the food chain you get to work from home. But my job is about 50/50 office and floor time so i am still here. There is some talk that the state of Illinois will shutdown us for a couple weeks but that is just rumor so far. I do not go to town for supplies very often so we tend to have things stocked up so the grocery thing has not affected my family. And we raise alot of our own food.
people love those rumors. So many people think that because the students aren't here we're going to all get laid off. Personally I think they want people to know there are full time people sanitizing the place down.

Reactions: BROBS

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
This is really bad. I have a gut feeling about half of these small business and restaurants will never open their doors again
one major event has been canceled here and my first thought was a lot of restaurants are going to not make it through. If the landlords were not greedy bastards (they are here all three of them) maybe they could be forgiving and let places weather the storm. But business is so uneven here, only a few times of year do they make money rest of the time they're covering the bottom line.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.