PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
States will run and hide if The Man comes down.

again. This problem all stems from vaping and the goofy flavors involved. That’s where the whole “flavored tobacco” thing comes in. They aren’t talking about tobacco at all, but rather e-liquid.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
again. This problem all stems from vaping and the goofy flavors involved. That’s where the whole “flavored tobacco” thing comes in. They aren’t talking about tobacco at all, but rather e-liquid.

I agree that on the surface this would appear to be essentially true, but I don't buy the idea that tobacco is just collateral damage in the vaping war...I think it's all very much intentional.

And certainly when it comes to the issue of on-line sales, doing away with all such tobacco sales is very much intentional. I would further speculate that the reason it's been allowed to go on so freely as long as it has was to put as many B&M's out of business as possible first.

Finally there's an instance where it'd actually be nice if Congress was paralyzed pursing a hopeless endeavor for a few more months.

"Gridlock" in congress is almost always the best you can hope for.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Agreed. I can’t imagine any law that bars online sales from retailers that wouldn’t also bar sales between individuals. I don’t think a site would last long being an unlawful online sale site for tobacco.

I agree with that as well, but I was thinking primarily in terms of the site losing the ad revenue necessary to stay up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.