Anti-Smoker Gets a Punch in The Mouth

(58 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by nsfisher
  • Latest reply from nsfisher
  1. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Been a long time since I lost my temper but..... Wife and Daughter was shopping in the Mall so I went outside in the "smoking area" for a puff with my Tim Hortons coffee. Man and Woman comes out of the Liquor Store and puts their purchase in their car. They come over to me and He starts telling me that I shouldn't be smoking in public. His hugely overweight lady, then lays into me about how horrible I am and setting bad examples for Children etc. He then starts running off at the mouth again. I had pretty much enough by then, so I said, very calmly, "Yea, I shouldn't be smoking anywhere actually, but then again, you shouldn't be getting drunk and riding "Pigs". He reached over and grabbed my shirt, so I smacked him square in the mouth. As she was picking him up, I said, "That should keep you quiet for a bit".

Am I proud of myself, no, well maybe just a little bit. Oh yea, by the way, My wife wasn't impressed, but after I told her the whole story, she relented a bit.

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. canadianbiggame

canadianbiggame

Login to Send PM

Few too many people in this world have been punched in the mouth. I firmly believe he deserved it and I'm proud of you too. Too many people these days are too upset with everyone else around them to see how horrible of a person they actually are.

Cheers Chap.
    CBG

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well done!

The Old Cajun
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This world would be a better place if more people had, at an early age, been punched in the mouth.

Well done.

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. shutterbug

shutterbug

Login to Send PM

Just goes to show you how violence always starts with a cup o' Timmies.
    (Only the Canadians will get that joke).
    Shutterbug

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. dread

dread

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm not gonna say I "condone" violence but . . . OUTSTANDING technique in gettin him to initiate the contact. Don't drink and ride pigs. Ha!

". . . I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul."
    - INVICTUS
    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. joeahearn

joeahearn

Login to Send PM

Good work, nsfisher. There are a lot of people in this world who need to be punched in the face and I think you found one of them.

The husband and wife's reaction reminds me of this Great Truth from Mike Tyson: "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This world would be a better place if more people had, at an early age, been punched in the mouth.

Or beat on the butt. Yep, that about sums it up for me, also.

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. smokeybear

smokeybear

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Who the hell goes up to someone and tells them to stop smoking when your well within your rights to smoke there? That guy was just looking for trouble lucky for him it ended with a punch line. Lol

A Great Storm No Matter How Great, Will Always Pass.
    But The Clam After, Is What You Must Master, In Order For Life To Last.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  10. irishjedi

irishjedi

Login to Send PM

serves them right!

Mike

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. trailspike48

trailspike48

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Love it.

Posted 5 years ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Some folks need a drop kick through the goal post of life every now and then.

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's amazing how bold these morons are. Good job nsfisher. Next bowl I smoke is to the drunk and the pig, and the man who set them straight.

Posted 5 years ago #
  14. terrygoldman123

terrygoldman123

Login to Send PM

You done good!

Posted 5 years ago #
  15. arno665

arno665

Login to Send PM

Those people were But you did well!!

Posted 5 years ago #
  16. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sounds like he gave you no choice fisher - sorry you had to deal with such an ass, but I think he and his wife will keep their mouths shut next time.

"Be seeing you"

Posted 5 years ago #
  17. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey thanks all. I felt pretty bad last night about it. But all your comments do make it a bit easier. It is just not in my personality anymore the last 10 yrs or so.

Posted 5 years ago #
  18. alex87

alex87

Login to Send PM

Good on ya mate, proud of ya buddy. Hope the tims and baccy tasted that little bit sweeter for you.

Posted 5 years ago #
  19. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When someone tells my that my smoking is dangerous I usually tell them that so is not minding their own business. That tends to end things right then and there. Also being 6'2" and 220 lb lends some gravitas to my retort.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  20. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I always found it ironic when some city guy, in the midst of fumes from thousands of cars and trucks, in a parking lot no less, constantly surrounded by a variety of carcinogens, complains vocally about tobacco smoke. It's even worse when they're overweight and living on a steady diet of chemicals and soy/corn derivatives.

The world is full of morons. We breed them. Modern western society has turned Darwin upside down.

And yes, many of them should be punched in the mouth. Repeatedly.

Don't feel bad, my friend. You did the right thing. In our grandfather's day, that would have been SOP.

Posted 5 years ago #
  21. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ya done good. He layed his hands on you first. Sounds like he needed that several times years ago. It teaches you to be polite & mind your own business.

Posted 5 years ago #
  22. pipestud

pipestud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Don't think I'd ever be proud of myself for slugging someone in a situation like that. Or, for antagonizing the drunk with the crass comment about his wife. But, if physical violence was necessary (and in your case, he assaulted you by grabbing you by the shirt), then yes, a blast to the kisser was warranted. Can't say I would have handled it the same way. Just not my style.

Pipestud

Pipestud
    Posted 5 years ago #
  23. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Right. If all he'd done was mouth off, I guess you have to shrug it off. But once he grabbed you, well tough
    luck to him. What did he expect?

Posted 5 years ago #
  24. ghost

ghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cheers Fisher, I'd have done the same thing. It's too bad that it happened, but there are far too many people in this world who think their own crap doesn't stink that are telling the rest of us what to do. Good to hear it didn't escalate any further, it would've taken me too long to get out East to join in...

Matt.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  25. yohanan

yohanan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well Done!!!

Smoke What You Like, And Like What You Smoke...Regardless Of What Anyone Else Thinks...
    Posted 5 years ago #
  26. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Being hugely overweight is not what I would call a good example for children.

Posted 5 years ago #
  27. pchitti

pchitti

Login to Send PM

Fully agree with the outcome. People have lost touch with common sense, when you dont like something that doesnt effect you nor hurts anyone else. Shut your mouth and keep walking.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
    Posted 5 years ago #
  28. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Sounds to me like that guy got what he was asking for.

I don't know how it is in Canada, but here in the States, we're a litigation nation -- we'd be arrested for assault, followed by a law suit. The only winners are the lawyers

Just goes to show you how violence always starts with a cup o' Timmies.
    (Only the Canadians will get that joke).

We also have Tim Horton's -- the Tim Horton shops around here have a "Cold Stone Creamery" shop (top shelf ice cream) inside them. Damned good thing too, otherwise Tim Horton's shops around here would have closed long ago. I don't like their coffee or their food and no one I know does, either -- their parking lot is usually empty.

Posted 5 years ago #
  29. User has not uploaded an avatar

metalmilitia

Login to Send PM

violence never solved anything.....except Fascism, communism, naziism, numerous tyrannical dictatorships, the occasional fat headed schoolyard bully, and that mouthy pig herder that u socked in the mouth. hope he has nightmares about u for the rest of his life. Good Job!

Posted 5 years ago #
  30. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

NS if he had done that when you were in the Army you wouldn't have stopped at one punch in the gob so he should feel grateful that you age has brough retraint. Something he should have used when he got the idea he was going to school you on social graces. Personally knowing what your training makes you capable of I believe there is a man somewhere in Nova Scotia who should be counting his blessings it ended so well for him. Guess it's true what they say you can take the Man out of the Airborne but not the Airborne out of the man.

Posted 5 years ago #
  31. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't like violence, as I'm sure NS doesn't either. But, there are times when things change. A good ass whipping is good for the soul. I speak from experience. I've had my soul rearranged and recalibrated a time or two.

I applaud you, NS. The man is lucky to still have his face and scalp intact.

The dumbasses in this world need a wakeup call. Loudmouth just got one.

The past is never dead. It's not even past--Requiem for a Nun
    Posted 5 years ago #
  32. bigvan

bigvan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's the law of the schoolyard all over again, what was originally described as a "punch" then qualified as a "smack" is now being described as an "ass whipping".

Posted 5 years ago #
  33. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Roth,

In my experience in Canada people tend to push the limits in these type of situations far more than they ever would in the US. Maybe it's the litigation threat, but I have always attributed it more to the fear that in the US the other guy will pull a gun and your number will be up. Not necessarily a bad fear, in my opinion. It certainly creates an incentive for folks to mind their own fricken business.

Posted 5 years ago #
  34. cavendish

cavendish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Would've done the same thing so don't feel bad.

I've had similar issues in the past and have done the same. I can't stand people in society like that. Good on ya for putting them in their place, maybe next he will keep quiet. Sometimes some people just need a smack in the mouth to smarten them up.

Posted 5 years ago #
  35. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

And by the way, I think NS made the right call in letting the other guy make the first physical move. I have a pretty big yap on me, and in similar situations I have let the tongue fly trying to get the other guy to make the first move.

Posted 5 years ago #
  36. User has not uploaded an avatar

plateauguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is a fine lesson of "be careful of what you ask for, you might just get it!" Good work !!!

Posted 5 years ago #
  37. foggymountain

foggymountain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It is typical of the current problems in this world. People think they have the right to tell other people what to do. If only we could keep our hatred under control it would certainly be a more peaceful world, and might even have a chance to survive. Well done in standing up for your rights as a smoker and a person.

Posted 5 years ago #
  38. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like Tim Hortons. I was first acquainted with them when they opened up shop on the base in Kandahar, Asscrackistan. For that reason alone I love them. But I find their donuts and frozen blended coffee thingies quite enjoyable.

As for the heifer and her herder, I have had similar experiences here. Only my 3 yo (hes 8 now) kept that guy from a beatdown.

Some people are feckin retarded and it baffles me when their delicate sensibilities outstrip their hypocracy and their notion of self preservation.

Good on ya for punching him in the mouth. And props for stopping. I have fought so infrequently I have doubts as to being able to stop when needed.

Posted 5 years ago #
  39. wolf666

wolf666

Login to Send PM

Good on ya mate ide of done the same

Posted 5 years ago #
  40. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oh man, that's good stuff! I too, am of the firm opinion that not enough people in this world have bee punched in the jaw! A lot of them work in Washington D.C. ! I say Way To Go!

Posted 5 years ago #
  41. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

violence never solved anything.....except Fascism, communism, naziism, numerous tyrannical dictatorships, the occasional fat headed schoolyard bully, and that mouthy pig herder that u socked in the mouth.

Well said

Allan
    Posted 5 years ago #
  42. crazypipe

Teddy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good Man you are ,I take my hat is off to you .
    Well Done

Posted 5 years ago #
  43. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

ns, good for you, that maggot deserved a punch in the mouth, people like that deserve what they get. No one has the right to accost you for doing something that is perfectly legal.

Harris
    Posted 5 years ago #
  44. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

You did the right thing. You were the one who was accosted and threatened. Such audacity deserves a punch.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 5 years ago #
  45. canadianbacon

canadianbacon

Login to Send PM

The only way Tim Horton's tastes good is if you have a smoke with it. What did they expect you to do?

Posted 5 years ago #
  46. rebornbriar

rebornbriar

Login to Send PM

New warning - Not Smoking Can Be Dangerous To Your Health!

Alan
    Posted 5 years ago #
  47. pchitti

pchitti

Login to Send PM

If I ended up in a law suit due to something like this, I would make my defense freedom of speech. To me attitude correction punches are a type of Performance Art. If your in Cali you should be able to pull it off. lol

Posted 5 years ago #
  48. weezell

weezell

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ya done good Brother! Someone lay their hands on me or mine.. SHITS ON!!! Someone going to the hospital, and someone going to jail, and I don't care which one...

"the weez"...
    Posted 5 years ago #
  49. taerin

Eric

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You just put a big smile on my face nsfisher

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
    Mark Twain
    Posted 5 years ago #
  50. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mike:

You Canadians are terrible people resorting to brutish fisticuffs when conversations don't go your way.

However, please send some of your DNA south so we can start rebuilding our U.S. backbone, okay?

I don't think we want any of the stuff that has allowed your average tin price to hit forty bucks per or afford several of your countrymen a decent living selling U.S. health insurance policies to fellow Canadians. (Lord knows, that won't be on the table much longer.) But, getting the DNA that allows one person to give another person a poke in kisser for being incredibly stupid would be highly prized.

Now, what are you asking for that particular tin of bull semen, hoss?

Fnord

P.S. Whenever you need another tub of CH just holler.
    F.

It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says - like dumb - I'm smart and I want respect!
    Fredo Corleone
    Posted 5 years ago #
  51. User has not uploaded an avatar

pipinho

Login to Send PM

He complained about your pipe smoking, you on the other hand made a comment about his wife. We're you supposed that he grabbed your shirt? Sorry, but I can't support what you did. IMHO talking about someone's wife or family is totally out of line.

Posted 5 years ago #
  52. philip

Philip

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well this is a strange thread.

Is it the consensus of the pipe smoking community that stupidity can be corrected by violence?

Posted 5 years ago #
  53. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Philip, I hear where you are coming from, but I don't think Mike was trying to correct stupidity. At the point where someone grabs you, the time for conversation has passed. Just my view. I respect yours.

Posted 5 years ago #
  54. dochudson

dochudson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

as much as he deserved it you're lucky he didn't call the cops.. you couldn't prove he grabbed your shirt but he and his partner could prove you punched him. unless you want to spend money on lawyers it's best to keep yourself under control.

Posted 5 years ago #
  55. ghost

ghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

From the sound of things he did keep himself under control. Confronted first, grabbed first...I think there's a big difference in "taking the high road" and not responding, and defending yourself. This, to me, sounds like a clear cut case of a bully getting their comeuppance.

Pretty sad state of affairs when someone minding their own business having a (legal) smoke and a coffee gets accosted. In my neighbourhood I have at least three neighbours who don't outwardly appear (I assume this, for all know maybe all three are living off some sort of inheritence...right...) to have jobs that spend their day "smoking". (If you catch my drift). Do I judge them every time I see/smell them? Yep. However, I choose not to confront them...it's none of my damn business, even though "technically" I could complain about their choice of smoking articles. (Not like much would happen, if at all, up here...)

For someone to have the nerve, the gall even, to confront and lecture a stranger for making a life choice that they don't agree with...well, they shouldn't be surprised if things don't go well. What was he expecting to happen? Sounds like they wanted a confrontation in the first place.

What's next? Do we start peering in our neighbours windows to make sure everything is to our own standards?

Sorry, end rant.

Posted 5 years ago #
  56. latbomber

latbomber

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well done. If I was there I would have bought you a beer!

Posted 5 years ago #
  57. 05venturer

05venturer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sounds to me like you did the right thing!
    To many hypocritical people that need to learn to keep there nose out of other peoples business.

Kent

Posted 5 years ago #
  58. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I respect everyone's reply to my Thread. Thank you all for your comments, either for or against. I really want to thank everyone for keeping this thread under control as well. Upon looking back, I can see that it had much potential for arguments but was treated as it should have been; very maturely. Great comments from many members here, that are great appreciated. I think the Mods could close this now as it has served it's purpose and has provided much insight without becoming out of hand. So Mods, if you would please do the honours.... shut er down.

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   mikey517, burleyboy, georged, cfreud, haparnold, pepesdad1, lawdawg, the85boro