PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Been a long time since I lost my temper but..... Wife and Daughter was shopping in the Mall so I went outside in the "smoking area" for a puff with my Tim Hortons coffee. Man and Woman comes out of the Liquor Store and puts their purchase in their car. They come over to me and He starts telling me that I shouldn't be smoking in public. His hugely overweight lady, then lays into me about how horrible I am and setting bad examples for Children etc. He then starts running off at the mouth again. I had pretty much enough by then, so I said, very calmly, "Yea, I shouldn't be smoking anywhere actually, but then again, you shouldn't be getting drunk and riding "Pigs". He reached over and grabbed my shirt, so I smacked him square in the mouth. As she was picking him up, I said, "That should keep you quiet for a bit".
Am I proud of myself, no, well maybe just a little bit. Oh yea, by the way, My wife wasn't impressed, but after I told her the whole story, she relented a bit.

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Few too many people in this world have been punched in the mouth. I firmly believe he deserved it and I'm proud of you too. Too many people these days are too upset with everyone else around them to see how horrible of a person they actually are.
Cheers Chap.

CBG

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Just goes to show you how violence always starts with a cup o' Timmies.

(Only the Canadians will get that joke).

Shutterbug

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I'm not gonna say I "condone" violence but . . . OUTSTANDING technique in gettin him to initiate the contact. Don't drink and ride pigs. Ha!

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
Good work, nsfisher. There are a lot of people in this world who need to be punched in the face and I think you found one of them.
The husband and wife's reaction reminds me of this Great Truth from Mike Tyson: "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Who the hell goes up to someone and tells them to stop smoking when your well within your rights to smoke there? That guy was just looking for trouble lucky for him it ended with a punch line. Lol

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
It's amazing how bold these morons are. Good job nsfisher. Next bowl I smoke is to the drunk and the pig, and the man who set them straight.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Sounds like he gave you no choice fisher - sorry you had to deal with such an ass, but I think he and his wife will keep their mouths shut next time.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hey thanks all. I felt pretty bad last night about it. But all your comments do make it a bit easier. It is just not in my personality anymore the last 10 yrs or so.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Good on ya mate, proud of ya buddy. Hope the tims and baccy tasted that little bit sweeter for you.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
When someone tells my that my smoking is dangerous I usually tell them that so is not minding their own business. That tends to end things right then and there. Also being 6'2" and 220 lb lends some gravitas to my retort.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I always found it ironic when some city guy, in the midst of fumes from thousands of cars and trucks, in a parking lot no less, constantly surrounded by a variety of carcinogens, complains vocally about tobacco smoke. It's even worse when they're overweight and living on a steady diet of chemicals and soy/corn derivatives.
The world is full of morons. We breed them. Modern western society has turned Darwin upside down.
And yes, many of them should be punched in the mouth. Repeatedly.
Don't feel bad, my friend. You did the right thing. In our grandfather's day, that would have been SOP.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Ya done good. He layed his hands on you first. Sounds like he needed that several times years ago. It teaches you to be polite & mind your own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.