PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianbacon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2013
The only way Tim Horton's tastes good is if you have a smoke with it. What did they expect you to do?

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
If I ended up in a law suit due to something like this, I would make my defense freedom of speech. To me attitude correction punches are a type of Performance Art. If your in Cali you should be able to pull it off. lol

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Ya done good Brother! Someone lay their hands on me or mine.. SHITS ON!!! Someone going to the hospital, and someone going to jail, and I don't care which one...

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Mike:
You Canadians are terrible people resorting to brutish fisticuffs when conversations don't go your way.
However, please send some of your DNA south so we can start rebuilding our U.S. backbone, okay?
I don't think we want any of the stuff that has allowed your average tin price to hit forty bucks per or afford several of your countrymen a decent living selling U.S. health insurance policies to fellow Canadians. (Lord knows, that won't be on the table much longer.) But, getting the DNA that allows one person to give another person a poke in kisser for being incredibly stupid would be highly prized.
Now, what are you asking for that particular tin of bull semen, hoss?
Fnord
P.S. Whenever you need another tub of CH just holler.

F.

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
He complained about your pipe smoking, you on the other hand made a comment about his wife. We're you supposed that he grabbed your shirt? Sorry, but I can't support what you did. IMHO talking about someone's wife or family is totally out of line.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Well this is a strange thread.
Is it the consensus of the pipe smoking community that stupidity can be corrected by violence?

Dec 24, 2012
Philip, I hear where you are coming from, but I don't think Mike was trying to correct stupidity. At the point where someone grabs you, the time for conversation has passed. Just my view. I respect yours.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
as much as he deserved it you're lucky he didn't call the cops.. you couldn't prove he grabbed your shirt but he and his partner could prove you punched him. unless you want to spend money on lawyers it's best to keep yourself under control.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
From the sound of things he did keep himself under control. Confronted first, grabbed first...I think there's a big difference in "taking the high road" and not responding, and defending yourself. This, to me, sounds like a clear cut case of a bully getting their comeuppance.
Pretty sad state of affairs when someone minding their own business having a (legal) smoke and a coffee gets accosted. In my neighbourhood I have at least three neighbours who don't outwardly appear (I assume this, for all know maybe all three are living off some sort of inheritence...right...) to have jobs that spend their day "smoking". (If you catch my drift). Do I judge them every time I see/smell them? Yep. However, I choose not to confront them...it's none of my damn business, even though "technically" I could complain about their choice of smoking articles. (Not like much would happen, if at all, up here...)
For someone to have the nerve, the gall even, to confront and lecture a stranger for making a life choice that they don't agree with...well, they shouldn't be surprised if things don't go well. What was he expecting to happen? Sounds like they wanted a confrontation in the first place.
What's next? Do we start peering in our neighbours windows to make sure everything is to our own standards?
Sorry, end rant. :puffy:

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Sounds to me like you did the right thing!

To many hypocritical people that need to learn to keep there nose out of other peoples business.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I respect everyone's reply to my Thread. Thank you all for your comments, either for or against. I really want to thank everyone for keeping this thread under control as well. Upon looking back, I can see that it had much potential for arguments but was treated as it should have been; very maturely. Great comments from many members here, that are great appreciated. I think the Mods could close this now as it has served it's purpose and has provided much insight without becoming out of hand. So Mods, if you would please do the honours.... shut er down.

Status
Not open for further replies.