PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Don't think I'd ever be proud of myself for slugging someone in a situation like that. Or, for antagonizing the drunk with the crass comment about his wife. But, if physical violence was necessary (and in your case, he assaulted you by grabbing you by the shirt), then yes, a blast to the kisser was warranted. Can't say I would have handled it the same way. Just not my style.
Pipestud

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Right. If all he'd done was mouth off, I guess you have to shrug it off. But once he grabbed you, well tough

luck to him. What did he expect?

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Cheers Fisher, I'd have done the same thing. It's too bad that it happened, but there are far too many people in this world who think their own crap doesn't stink that are telling the rest of us what to do. Good to hear it didn't escalate any further, it would've taken me too long to get out East to join in...

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Fully agree with the outcome. People have lost touch with common sense, when you dont like something that doesnt effect you nor hurts anyone else. Shut your mouth and keep walking.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
violence never solved anything.....except Fascism, communism, naziism, numerous tyrannical dictatorships, the occasional fat headed schoolyard bully, and that mouthy pig herder that u socked in the mouth. hope he has nightmares about u for the rest of his life. Good Job!

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
NS if he had done that when you were in the Army you wouldn't have stopped at one punch in the gob so he should feel grateful that you age has brough retraint. Something he should have used when he got the idea he was going to school you on social graces. Personally knowing what your training makes you capable of I believe there is a man somewhere in Nova Scotia who should be counting his blessings it ended so well for him. Guess it's true what they say you can take the Man out of the Airborne but not the Airborne out of the man.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I don't like violence, as I'm sure NS doesn't either. But, there are times when things change. A good ass whipping is good for the soul. I speak from experience. I've had my soul rearranged and recalibrated a time or two.
I applaud you, NS. The man is lucky to still have his face and scalp intact.
The dumbasses in this world need a wakeup call. Loudmouth just got one.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
It's the law of the schoolyard all over again, what was originally described as a "punch" then qualified as a "smack" is now being described as an "ass whipping".

Dec 24, 2012
Roth,
In my experience in Canada people tend to push the limits in these type of situations far more than they ever would in the US. Maybe it's the litigation threat, but I have always attributed it more to the fear that in the US the other guy will pull a gun and your number will be up. Not necessarily a bad fear, in my opinion. It certainly creates an incentive for folks to mind their own fricken business.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Would've done the same thing so don't feel bad.
I've had similar issues in the past and have done the same. I can't stand people in society like that. Good on ya for putting them in their place, maybe next he will keep quiet. Sometimes some people just need a smack in the mouth to smarten them up.

Dec 24, 2012
And by the way, I think NS made the right call in letting the other guy make the first physical move. I have a pretty big yap on me, and in similar situations I have let the tongue fly trying to get the other guy to make the first move.

Aug 14, 2012
It is typical of the current problems in this world. People think they have the right to tell other people what to do. If only we could keep our hatred under control it would certainly be a more peaceful world, and might even have a chance to survive. Well done in standing up for your rights as a smoker and a person.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I like Tim Hortons. I was first acquainted with them when they opened up shop on the base in Kandahar, Asscrackistan. For that reason alone I love them. But I find their donuts and frozen blended coffee thingies quite enjoyable.
As for the heifer and her herder, I have had similar experiences here. Only my 3 yo (hes 8 now) kept that guy from a beatdown.
Some people are feckin retarded and it baffles me when their delicate sensibilities outstrip their hypocracy and their notion of self preservation.
Good on ya for punching him in the mouth. And props for stopping. I have fought so infrequently I have doubts as to being able to stop when needed.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Oh man, that's good stuff! I too, am of the firm opinion that not enough people in this world have bee punched in the jaw! A lot of them work in Washington D.C. ! I say Way To Go!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
violence never solved anything.....except Fascism, communism, naziism, numerous tyrannical dictatorships, the occasional fat headed schoolyard bully, and that mouthy pig herder that u socked in the mouth.
Well said

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
ns, good for you, that maggot deserved a punch in the mouth, people like that deserve what they get. No one has the right to accost you for doing something that is perfectly legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.