Apr 19, 2017
Vietnam
Mine is a Manz. It's a good accident.

image.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
chasing, I forgot to say why I bought my most expensive pipe so here is the reason. It was a Rad Davis shape that I did not have and I love a good Calabash. After getting it I told Rad I was thinking about doing a 7 day set of them. Then he had to go and retire on my sorry ass, I was definitely upset when he announced that. I am just glad I at least got the one.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Mine would be an estate bent Shell Briar Dunhill. All things considered it was a steal and it has been my absolute favorite since the first smoke. I had bought a couple relatively reasonably priced Dunhill estate pipes and then just fell in love with this bent group 4. Searching for a good deal on an estate pipe has always been a joy in itself and I've never regretted going above my usual budget a little to get this one.

P

pipebuddy

It was a Dunhill Group 4 for me. Great looking pipe and smoker.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
my most expensive pipes have been commisioned Rhodesian pipes from Michael Kyriazanos.I am sorry to say that the blowfish does nothing for me but that cased Barlings WOW

I really love classic shapes

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Right now my most expensive pipe is a Peterson Pipe of the Year 2012. I got it because that was the year I graduated the local Pipefitter's Union program.
I'm actually right now in the process of scaling down the number of pipes in my collection and scaling up the quality.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Well you asked so my most expensive pipe was made by the man that owned it before me Bo Nordh. A lovely apple with buffalo horn accent and it smokes just perfectly. That should also satisfy the why did I buy it part too.

banjo
39363827042_597acddcf8_z_d.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I love how, after all the wild freehands that he made, Bo Nordh's personal pieces were beautifully simple.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
^^ that is going to be the most expensive pipe I own. When banjo decides to sell it . Awesome pipe and provenance.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
A good craggy sandblast is usually my kryptonite. When I commissioned the blowfish in the OP, I requested sandblasted, but Bruce couldn't bring himself to do it after seeing the grain. Glad he didn't.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Yeah some pipes scream to be blasted or rusticated and some stand alone smooth as can be yours is a great example Alan.

banjo

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I’m glad Bruce didn’t blast it, that is an awesome pipe!
Thanks! After Bruce sent me these unfinished pics of it, I would have probably cried if he blasted it. :mrgreen:
imagejpeg_0_11-600x600.jpg

imagejpeg_13-600x600.jpg

imagejpeg_21-600x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.