PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Thanks Weezil. :D It's just time. I built the cellar - starting in 2004 - by buying two tins of any blend I wanted to cellar - one to smoke then and one for the cellar. At this point, I only smoke aged Virginias - unless I am trying something new. So any of my old faves - like the tin of Hartwell Signature I just bought - go right into the cellar.

My biggest supply is McCranie's Red Ribbon. I try to add 3 or 4 tins a year, to match what I take out.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Thought I'd post up some pics of my cellar. There are a few items missing as I have a pound of the H&H Vintage cyrian in it's ceramic jar and another couple pounds in bags on my desk that I need to put in jars.
In total I have over 150 tins from 2oz to 8oz and a few pound boxes and factory sealed bags. I also have about 15 lbs in jars. The oldest tin is one with the old key type opener soldered to the top from somewhere in the early 60's near as I can figure. You can see the top of this 8oz tin in the last picture.
When I stand back and look at it I didn't think there was much there, till I started counting tins and such. Not really sure how much baccy I actually have but I figure somewhere around 30-40 lbs. One day I'll have to set down and make a list again of what I actually have.
DSC00741.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00745-1.jpg

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
One day I had a piping buddy visit and while showing him my cellar he made the mistake of saying "Wow" which upon my wife hearing him, she made the comment "That's how I feel too" I hushed him up really quickly. LOL

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Final question (for now :rofl:)... when you put the opened tin in a jar, do you take it out of the tin ?
I have a couple of jars that the tin may fit in as is. So is it better to leave it in... or take it out ??
Thanks

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
Just some shelving in the basement for tins and jars and a 5gal pail with lid for pouches.
P1100023.jpg

P1100024.jpg

P1100025.jpg

P1100026.jpg

P1100029.jpg

P1100027.jpg

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
recoilrob: I'm diggin' all the old OOP blends you've got stashed in you collection. Very cool!
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Out-Of-Production.

It was a real treat to see someone's stash who had Dunhill's Baby's Bottom, Balkan Sobranie, Sullivan's Gentleman's Mixture, Three Nuns, Ashton releases, etc. I just hope in 20 years I have some storied blends in my cellar... Thanks for sharing!
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
That's a good start Joe2shoes! The thing my eyes immediately fell on was the Tullamore Dew jug! Not like the ones I usually see.
-Jason

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
Just so that everyone else does not feel too bad about their meager cellars, after seeing some of the huge glorious ones, here is mine:
P1050319-small_zps6a8414f7.jpg

Yep, that's right, about 10 ozs of tobacco...measuring mine in pounds would be cumbersome (being fractional). Most of the jars are just under 1/2 oz, with a few exceptions. Green labels came through trading, black ones are things that I have purchased (besides the 1Q, that was my first gift from a generous BOTL. The only thing missing from the photo is my first pouch, CBW which only contains about a bowl. :) It may be modest, but at least I have focused on quality before quantity... :lol:
Details on my "cellar":

http://www.tobaccocellar.com/ChakaRaka
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.