PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Well hobie you get a gold star for thriftiness!
I just missed out on this curio cabinet. :evil:

Curiocabinet2.jpg

Curiocabinet.jpg

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
Quick question about cellaring tobacco...

Upon storing a newly purchased tin of tobacco, is it best to go ahead and pop the tin, or should I leave it sealed to age???
Any tips would be wonderful!

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
Thank you unclearthur, good to know. This thread has inspired me to begin proper cellaring.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
Note to self stop looking at threads named cellar and etc. its just too painfull
I know what you mean. After looking at atwageman's cellar, I near died. I can't even imagine owning all that, though I sure can dream about it.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Forget owning it, how about smoking it? That's more tobacco than I could smoke (given my current rate of consumption) in TWO lifetimes.
-Jason

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
If you've popped the tin because you wanted to try it, and figured out you didn't like it as much, would you put it in a jar or leave it in the tin ?
I have a tin of FMOTT, which is opened and I tried a couple of bowls. Not my cup of tea, so I'll let it sit for a while until either my palette or the tobacco evolves ;-)
So, would you leave it in the tin or put it in a jar ?
Thanks for all the help

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I put everything into a mason jar.

In the circumstance you describe with the FMOTT, doing so allows you to revisit it in a month or a year and you can be confident it'll be ready to smoke when you do.
Of course you can always send it to me if you'd rather, I'll darn sure smoke it! (-:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
No pic, but:
The cellar - stuff set aside for aging - is about 2.5 kilos.

The stuff that is just waiting to go into the rotation is about 1.5 kilos.

So about 9 pounds, all told - plus the active rotation. Maybe 10 lbs total. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.