PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I think many of those pipes are made to be looked at and not necessarily be smoked. I do appreciate the imagination and the artistic chops needed to make some of them.
I would imagine people in their late 20's-late 30's, upwardly mobile as many of those pipes have a pretty high price tag, would be one demographic? I am 60 and don't know many of my age group who would buy pipes like those, or maybe I am just behind the times and don't have a clue?

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
I think times have changed, on one hand.
But then again, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Which is to say... maybe there's lots of pipes for sale right now.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Classic shapes for the most part bore me, so I am one that buys them at 43.
a_2_bl.jpg

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
Way too freaky for me. I like traditional pipes........Smoking out side in a park or something you get odd looks sometimes, I can just imagine whipping out one of those contraptions..someone's likely to call the cops on ya !!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I've been frequently accused of smoking marijuana when smoking traditional shaped pipes, but when smoking a freehand, onlookers are amazed at the carving.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Pipe smoking should be relaxing, not having to worry about joint damage trying to hold one of those things.
I get it though, most of them are supposed to be "art". Not my cup of tea under either circumstance.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
The asymmetrical freehands fit the palm and fingers, and are more ergonomic than they appear.

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
^^^ Absolutely, embers. My Nording Freehand feels like it was sculpted for my hands. Left or right, it just disappears.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I dunno. I'm pretty sure you'll need your tetanus shot up to date before you handle this one. :)
thumbnail.php

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Seacaptain, that is one butt ugly pipe. The more I look at some of those pipes the more I think they are just trying to out do each other with who can make the craziest looking pipe.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
chasing, I could pass for a hipster as I have hair down to my shoulders, big beard and tattoo's on my forearms, oh wait, that could also be a hippie. Since I am 60, I guess I fit hippie over hipster.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
A friend of mine has gone all out hipster. Beard, pompador, and old English pipes with flannel shirts. I have long hair too, and would probably suit hippie better as well, though I'm hillbilly all over. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.