Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Let’s make this clear - a White Russian is a damned tasty drink. Equally clear is that a man’s drink is whatever a MAN decides HE wants to drink. If anything, a Margarita could be called a woman’s drink if you hold to some of the strange logic some people often use. If it’s cool enough for the dude, well….. yeh, that’s just your opinion. 😀

I had my first White Russian at a disco back when those were still a thing. The drink abides.

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
🤔🤔🤔

Oh, I might just have to substitute the milk for vanilla ice cream and blend that up... adult milkshakes for everyone!
About a century ago there was a cocktail called the Silver Stallion.

About an ounce each of gin and vanilla ice cream, filled with lemon-lime soda. Pretty decent.

What makes a man's drink is confidence. If some burly dude pours himself some scotch and spends the next hour side-eyeing everyone, insecure in his decision, that scotch has been magically transformed into a wussy drink for wimps - he should've just had whatever it was that he really wanted.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
My old mate used to say that if he caught me sipping a G&T.

Jay.
G&T a “ woman’s drink”? Not in this universe.

I was introduced to the wonders of the G&T as a young man at a bar in St. Louis very near the Mississippi River during the typically hot, humid summers there. They made them large, cold, and strong. Just what the doctor ordered.

People often underestimate the importance of a quality tonic water in a G&T. A really well done G&T need apologize to no one.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
G&T a “ woman’s drink”? Not in this universe.

I was introduced to the wonders of the G&T as a young man at a bar in St. Louis very near the Mississippi River during the typically hot, humid summers there. They made them large, cold, and strong. Just what the doctor ordered.

People often underestimate the importance of a quality tonic water in a G&T. A really well done G&T need apologize to no one.
What's your tonic of choice?

Mine is Schweppes.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
A "man's drink" you say?

I just finished a book valled Into the Heart of Borneo, which described an expedition by three crazy guys who traveled from the coast to a mountain top in the center of the island and back. Half on foot and half in dugout canoes.

It happened in 1985, when much of the island inland was still stone-age primitive.

They employed several locals as guides, and to advise them on the social do's & don'ts of interacting with the tribes encountered along the way.

Every village had a wall of human skulls, and the chiefs of the tribes wore human bones of several kinds as jewelry.

Though such behavior was falling out of official favor by then, it still very much happened upon occasion.

In short, these jungle-dwellers were born and raised legit badasses who routinely fought to the death as a matter of pride.

Their drink of choice? And the thing that was carried on sleds and in boats for the entire trip as a gift for these badasses? Guiness Stout

No, I'm not kidding.

Drunk warm.

So, there you have it. The official Manliest of Drinks, as measured by the manliest real world standard: Headhunter warriors

Screen Shot 2023-10-16 at 2.43.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-16 at 2.44.48 PM.png

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
IIRC, Guiness is mean to be drunk warm- Not jungle warm, though, but British room temp, ca 75ºF.

Where is the line between manly and barbaric?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
A "man's drink" you say?

I just finished a book valled Into the Heart of Borneo, which described an expedition by three crazy guys who traveled from the coast to a mountain top in the center of the island and back. Half on foot and half in dugout canoes.

It happened in 1985, when much of the island inland was still stone-age primitive.

They employed several locals as guides, and to advise them on the social do's & don'ts of interacting with the tribes encountered along the way.

Every village had a wall of human skulls, and the chiefs of the tribes wore human bones of several kinds as jewelry.

Though such behavior was falling out of official favor by then, it still very much happened upon occasion.

In short, these jungle-dwellers were born and raised legit badasses who routinely fought to the death as a matter of pride.

Their drink of choice? And the thing that was carried on sleds and in boats for the entire trip as a gift for these badasses? Guiness Stout

No, I'm not kidding.

Drunk warm.

So, there you have it. The official Manliest of Drinks, as measured by the manliest real world standard: Headhunter warriors

View attachment 253896

View attachment 253897
Supposedly the Guinness that's sold to us poor dumb Americans is a far cry from the real thing. Not sure just how true that is though.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Supposedly the Guinness that's sold to us poor dumb Americans is a far cry from the real thing. Not sure just how true that is though.

That's been the story for years. Ale of every kind, in fact. "From the wood" and what's bottled are supposedly VERY different.

As for Guinness, they even make the stuff here, now. (Well, wanted to. Or something... not sure what's going on):