Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
That’s a dangerous drink. Easy going down and incredibly tasty. The after effects on those are pretty stern.
With a California pour that’s 2 oz of Vodka, 2 oz of Kahlua, and of course cream. Two drinks makes a full 8 oz of alcohol. Tripping the light fantastic into a DUI is just a car drive away. Of course, two White Russians easily easily turn into three.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Currently drinking some Wild Turkey 🦃 Rare Breed (116.8 proof). It was a rough day for me at work. I have a reason to drink everyday. I'm working with old auction bought equipment that is rusting and breaking down all around me. The powers that be won't order the parts I need until something is absolutely broken and then it's the waiting game while they cry about production. A bunch of damn reactionaries. My old supervisor (he mainly worked with me to keep things operational, got me what I needed in a timely manner. I don't need supervising and he left me alone in that regard) would listen to me and we would be prepared for chaos. But he got fired 2 yrs ago for standing up for his guys. I'm currently working on an escape plan though, it's all gone to hell where I work and I'm not getting any younger. I'm just grateful that I can come home and wind down with a drink and a smoke at the end of the day. I've been on 3 deployments in the past where alcohol was a no go. Back breaking jobs where you wish to God that you could have a drink to numb the pain. But enough about me... cheers 🥃KIMG2742.JPGKIMG2740.JPGKIMG2741.JPGKIMG1201.JPG

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'd never come across this drink until I watched The Great Lebowski last week. I had to look it up the next day.

It has an interesting history, according to Wiki...

The Oxford English Dictionary refers to the first mention of white Russian in the sense of a cocktail as appearing in California's Oakland Tribune on November 21, 1965. It was placed in the newspaper as an insert: "White Russian. 1 oz. each Southern, vodka, cream", with "Southern" referring to Coffee Southern, a short-lived brand of coffee liqueur by Southern Comfort.

I should imagine it's a tasty drink.

Jay.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
It is in
I'd never come across this drink until I watched The Great Lebowski last week. I had to look it up the next day.

It has an interesting history, according to Wiki...

The Oxford English Dictionary refers to the first mention of white Russian in the sense of a cocktail as appearing in California's Oakland Tribune on November 21, 1965. It was placed in the newspaper as an insert: "White Russian. 1 oz. each Southern, vodka, cream", with "Southern" referring to Coffee Southern, a short-lived brand of coffee liqueur by Southern Comfort.

I should imagine it's a tasty drink.

Jay.
It is indeed. I use a 1+1+2 recipe of Vodka, Kahlua, and cream over ice. Sometimes increase the vodka and Kahlua to 1.5 each. Milk works just fine and so does skim milk if you want to make it a bit less calories.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I am not much of a cocktail person (I consider on the rocks a mixed drink)but white russians are in my stable of drinks to make. Oh and not a big vodka fan either. I don't hate it but I do feel like it's unfinished gin. Since the Colorado bulldog was mentioned I'll mention another interesting variation. The Dirty White Mother. It uses Brandy instead of Vodka and it's for people that like Captain Black Grape seriously sounds like similar flavor profiles.