Which Tobacco You Don't Have Is At The Top Of Your "MUST TRY NEXT" Want List ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Doblone d'Oro is the latest on my to-buy after I stack a few pounds of my beloved >= 2007 blends.
5 tins in the cart put haven't pulled the trigger yet. It's getting fantastic reviews and is favorably compared as a replacement for Three Nuns original prior to the change.
Need a couple of pounds of ODF first.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
HH old dark fired is in my cart still trying to decide what else im gonna add.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Okay, guys, sorry for the tangent but please stop buying MacBaren’s HH ODF; flake or rr. It’s really nasty stuff. It’s terrible and disgusting and shouldn’t be anywhere in your home. I have a... friend... who has it on good authority that HH ODF is a threat to intelligent life everywhere in the cosmos.
I’m the only one that I know of who has the proper equipment to store this decidedly unpleasant blend safely, so please, if you have any of this wretched tobacco please message me and I’ll pay your shipping fee so that it may reside safely in my specialized containers. And no, I’m not counted as intelligent life. I went through most of my brain cells in the 80’s.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
3p's is very top of my list guess will stay there till it comes available again

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Okay, guys, sorry for the tangent but please stop buying MacBaren’s HH ODF
Those of us who've been cellaring for a while had a much less expensive time hoarding. This is from 2012.
20190224_193951.png

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
Not one specific blend, but I've been meaning to purchase and try the Lovecraft themed lineup from C&D.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Mac Baren: HH Burley Flake. Been hearing abot it so I ordered a pound, should be here next week! :D ...

johnbrody15

Lurker
Feb 16, 2019
Seems like Black Frigate is popular so I'm curious. And I saw folks talking about Boswell Northwoods.

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Seems like Black Frigate is popular so I'm curious. And I saw folks talking about Boswell Northwoods.
Both of those are fantastic. I think Boswell's has a sampler you can order. 4 or 5 one ounce samples for a set price. That's how I discovered Northwoods. Just be aware Boswell's uses a slightly sweet topping but it's done very well and doesn't hide the base blend.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm set. After having tried hundreds of blends over the years, I've stocked up on what I like. That said, if a tin or two of Rattray's made or McConnell era HOTW, or a couple of others, or A&C Peterson made Escudo, showed up at a price that wouldn't make me wince, I'd add them to the pile. Don't think I'll ever have to worry about that opportunity.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
PipeHunter - Yes! While not anywhere near next on my to-try list, being a huge, Huge, HUGE H.P.Lovecraft fan, I am curios about those as well. Hmmm... wonder what smoking those mixtures while reading Lovecraft's weird-fiction would make you want to re-title the stories as?... "The Strange PIPE case of Charles Dexter Ward", "The PIPE SMOKE over Innsmouth", "At the Mountains of TOBACCO madness" LOL! - Sherm Natman

johnbrody15

Lurker
Feb 16, 2019
Both of those are fantastic. I think Boswell's has a sampler you can order. 4 or 5 one ounce samples for a set price. That's how I discovered Northwoods. Just be aware Boswell's uses a slightly sweet topping but it's done very well and doesn't hide the base blend.
Thanks for the info Panhandler. I was looking at tobacco reviews and Boswell has something called "Railroad Station" which, the name alone is awesome. So the sampler is probably a good way to go.

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
One that I really want to try is Bothy Flake, but I haven't found any for sale yet.
EDIT: Just after writing this I found it at "Mr. Snuff", but they want $35 for it. Hard pass.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
One that I really want to try is Bothy Flake
Some of the blends that pop up on lists like these interest me. Bothy Flake popped up on the radar awhile back and I purchased these in 2014. Don't hear that much noise about it anymore.
20190225_020044.jpg

charf

Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Bought HH ODF by mistake when I really wanted Bold Kentucky. Anyone else have trouble telling these 2 apart? Anyway the ODF is in the cellar and the Bold Kentucky is still at 33,000 feet somewhere over the Pacific Ocean. Should be on my door step in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.