Which Tobacco You Don't Have Is At The Top Of Your "MUST TRY NEXT" Want List ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Chatham Manor. I ordered a tub yesterday from P&C so we'll see. I hope I won't be disappointed.
You won't. I promise :)
None. My pipe and tobacco buying is finished.
lies-everywhere-meme.jpeg

Somehow, I missed the opportunity to try the Penzance and Full Virginia Flake in the past, so these 2 are on my 'must try' list.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
None. My pipe and tobacco buying is finished.
lies-everywhere-meme.jpeg
Not at all. Tobacco is beyond the price I'm willing to pay now, and I haven't bought a pipe since September. My interest in barbering has buried any pipe and tobacco collecting interest. I recently threw out some pipes that weren't getting used.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
(trying not to laugh)
What's funny about that? I can no longer afford the prices they are asking.
Why are you throwing away the pipes, sir?
They had fallen out of use. Ah, I was right. September was the last time I bought a pipe.
20190225_022109.png

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Some of the blends that pop up on lists like these interest me. Bothy Flake popped up on the radar awhile back and I purchased these in 2014. Don't hear that much noise about it anymore.
Embers, have you tried it yet?

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
What's funny about that? I can no longer afford the prices they are asking.
I was just joking. I was thinking that you have enough tobacco, so that was the reason of you not buying anymore. Besides, we always make jokes of ourselves (pipe smoker stereotype) how we are not going to buy tobacco or pipes anymore.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I know, but recent price hikes have made me glad that I started putting back tobacco years ago. I should be set for several decades now. Scares me to think what tobacco prices are going to look like in the next few years.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I have a drawer full of tobaccos I haven't tried. Next will probably be Grousemoor and HH Pure Virginia. Next to purchase are Fribourg & Treyer Blackjack, McConnell Red Virginia and Samuel Gawith Cabbies Mixture .

techie

Jul 20, 2018
I'd like to try the Cult series blends. I see P&C has the full line on sale right now.
And I saw folks talking about Boswell Northwoods.
Northwoods remains my favorite English.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I know, but recent price hikes have made me glad that I started putting back tobacco years ago. I should be set for several decades now. Scares me to think what tobacco prices are going to look like in the next few years.
Amen brother. I'm done buying, with the exception of the very seldom replenishment of something that's run out. I really don't know how much I've accumulated, but it's a couple of decades worth, given how much my consumption has declined.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've always bought more blend than I smoke, so I can coast for quite a spell. Probably have better than I'll be able to buy in a few years.

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
've always bought more blend than I smoke
I'm getting to that point. I have plenty of different stuff, but every week I find myself in a b&m and/or online vendor buying something new that looks interesting.
When I'm talking to the cashier in the b&m I feel like I have to comment about it, like a fat guy in a donut shop..."I know I really shouldn't be doing this, but..." Or sometimes I'm buying more for completely unselfish reasons, which is the lie I tell myself: "I just need some pipe cleaners, but it would be wrong to not buy some tobacco while I'm here. I need to do my part in supporting small local businesses."
(Most of the time I don't really need the pipe cleaners.)

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
You know you have a serious case of TAD when you have some of about 85% of the blends mentioned in this list.Yikes!
My next acquisition? Believe it or not...Velvet and Mixture 79. After listening to The Artful Codger on The Pipe and Tamper podcast this week, I feel like I should at least try them.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
At the moment, I'm also pretty satisfied that I've given all the genres a good try, so I'm not looking at anything else. Curiosity my get to me at some point down the road but I've got a lot of poundage waiting to be smoked and I think it's time to settle into it all.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I told myself I was done buying any tobacco in July of 2016. So what do I do, I have to go try blends like Curly Block, Salty Dogs, Butera Dark Stoved and Doblone d'Oro in the beginning of 2018. It is now Feb 2019 and I am saying again, i am not going to buy any more damned tobacco.
Buying aged tins from Pipestud doesn't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.