PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I live here. Panama City, Florida at sunset. Picture taken by beautiful wife.
Bobpnm I went to college up in Graceville. I have spent many a day and night in Panama City. I miss the warm winters and white beaches; however, I do not miss the hurricanes, bugs, humidity, heat....etc. :D I really hope to go back and visit all the wonderful friends that I made in college and who now live throughout Georgia, Florida and Alabama. My wife hopes to go back down south to attend a race at Talladega one of these years.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
I live in Des Moines, IA
Harris it is beautiful out where you live. I meet my brother and his family, my parents and sister out there about every summer. Ill be staying on Anna Maria Island in July. what are some smoke shops I need to visit?
cheers,
Jason

alancairns

Might Stick Around
Oct 22, 2012
I live in Sechelt, BC, a ferry ride up the Coast from Vancouver. I have difficulty posting pics, but you can get a taste of it at http://trailbaydoctors.ca/index.php/rokgallery/sunshine-coast-pictures.
Alan

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Jim(Chappy), doesn't the reflective tape defeat the purpose of the camo?
Just kidding, and I used to work right next door to you at Kunia.
JJ

evenflow

Lurker
May 11, 2013
71213928_zps5109621d.jpg
[/URL][/img]
This is what i call home, a local river where i love to fish here in upstate NY. Tons of great fishing up here.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I'm from San Angelo, Texas, wool and mohair capitol of the world. We are also home to the worlds largest and most diverse collection of international water lilies. I'd take pictures but we're in the middle of a drought and it's not pretty around here hehe.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Glad to see this thread is still kickin'.
@im (Chappy) - Gorgeous location!
@robertnyc
Great shot. I am originally from LI, my wife was born and raised in Brooklyn. We still have a lot of family and friends from those areas.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I was from Suffolk county - Smithtown. My Dad was from Sheepshead Bay and my mom from Manhatten. Moving the the island was the thing to do in the 50s.
Now I live in VT and while salaries are low and the cost of living high, I love it here.

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
Howdy All Y,All:
Originally from Galveston, TX. Grew up in Burnt Hills and Pattersonville, NY. (Both near Schenectady). Lived in Georgia since '92, and currently reside in Buford, GA. I will try together ahold of some pictures.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Born in Manchester, England, then to on top of the Black Mountain north of Ammanford, Wales, then to Colchester, England, then west end of Galveston Island, TX, then to south of Dallas TX. Have lived all around Dallas, and some in Omaha NE and Berrien Springs MI. Currently in a suburb of Dallas; Grand Prairie. It's not grand at all. The Black Mountain in Wales is called thus because it's covered in dark purple heather, and looks black from a distance. When you're little you can run and fall on in and bounce like a trampoline, plus it smells nice. Here's the Brecon Beacons mountain range where I grew up in Wales:

BB-1_zpsa37692a3.jpg

Not pictured: the bogs (work like quicksand), the wild horses (kids have to go inside; they're dangerous), and SAS trainees on the last bit of their training (The Fan Dance - they have to cross these mountains by themselves without freezing and dying).

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
f5f3e29bea469a4d9b9e1a52c3580fa6_zpse4d474a8.jpg

I'm from Louisville Kentucky, home of Muhammad Ali, the Kentucky Derby, Kentucky Fried Chicken, the world's biggest fireworks show, really really good bourbon, and a long tobacco history. :puffy:

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Originally from northern NJ and currently living there again. Have lived in Georgia and Texas as well. The town here is about 25-30 miles from NYC and was home for a while to Richard Nixon. He and his daughter Tricia used to hand out pen and pencil sets to Halloween kids when they came to his home and he answered.
Mystery author Mary Higgins Clark and actor Danny Aiello also live here, as have Ben Vereen and Russell Simmons (who have now moved away.) It's a small town, but rural in character with lots of wildlife to see in my backyard - white tails, rabbits, coyotes, red fox and lots of song birds. It's tranquil, but not as quiet as it used to be when I was growing up and the town was just 800 population. More like Beverly Hills East now, with gated mansions and the endless noise of lawn maintenance crews and construction projects for additions to the "castles."
And that is probably the reason why I may move from here - the loss of piece and quiet and the rise of the "McMansion" and all that's associated with it." (My own preference would be to have more land instead of having to talk to my wife via intercom as she sits at the other end of the dining room table. HA!) Home was built by my father in 1951.

vamike

Might Stick Around
Jun 2, 2013
Blue Ridge Mountains
I live in Floyd County VA. I am just off the Blue Ridge Parkway in a one stoplight town. Really. I am just a dumb hillbilly. Excuse me, Appalachian American. We do have a website so I guess we are moving up in the world. http://www.floydvirginia.com/ Hope the site posting isn't against the rules.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
I am originally from Cleveland Ohio (and yes Cleveland Rocks) but I traded that in for the rat race of Northern Virginia, I now live in Manassas, both battles of Bull Run were fought here during the Civil War. :puffy:

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012

South Bend, Indiana. Past home of Studebaker, South Bend Lathe, Oliver Plow, and now we're only known for Notre Dame.
I've lived everywhere else. Been here 20 years now.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I live in Floyd County VA.
I was raised in Grayson County, VA - just to the west of you. Grew up hiking the Appalachian Trail and fly-fishing.
Now I've been in northern VA for 20 years. Not the same, but that's where the job is.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I live on the Hilltop in Tacoma. Tacoma is known for bikers, a slew of museums, and the shootout between the 23d st crips and US Army Rangers over whether or not the Ranger who owned the house could have some peace in his neighborhood. I had dogs, guns and an alarm when I moved in. Its quite nice now.

Status
Not open for further replies.