What's Your Favorite Pipe Smoking Movie?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
:lol:

LOL
Spotspotting!
The_Anorak_Brigade_Cover.png

I do get nerdy with it, like getting all excited at spotting a Digger Flake poster in the pub scene from Remains of the Day...LOL
This Howard tribute vid is pretty cool w/ ZZ Top...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv8zbecsiXw
:
...and this movie is very very good I think,

Dunhill screenshots abound!

:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK62o5I3QRg

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
It has already been mentioned in this post, but I love the way Tarantino used the pipe to accent the different "classes" of the characters in the beginning of Inglorious Bastards. The simple farmer with his cob and the war general with his calabash. In my opinion, it is pretty much a perfect scene.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Someone beat me to it but Shackleton is a great show, not only for the history but also pipe smoking practically nonstop.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
There will be blood. One of my favorite movies of the past decade.

Hince my avatar name Daniel Plainview.

Drainage!!!!!!!!

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Technically not a movie but a mini series I would have to go with Costner's portrayal of Anderson "Devil Anse" Hatfield in the "Hatfield & McCoys". He sure inspired a new shape for a lot of pipemakers!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
There's a couple short pipe smoking scenes in Sling Blade
"Jerry", who runs the psychiatric ward, is shown smoking a pipe during "Karl's" interview with the

school newspaper and again when he comes to check on him at the small engine repair shop.
pob2ZrYTplY2SdJLI4zYuLVkFos74kP1_640x360_54024771615.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Murder By Decree circa 1979 starring Christopher Plummer as Sherlock Holmes contains some truly wonderful pipe scenes including the comment from Watson….."Holmes. Must you use my hypodermic syringe needs to unblock your pipe!' a truly amusing line.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Shackleton starring Kenneth Kenneth Branagh and the French Maigret starring Bruno Cremer feature "real" pipesmoking and lots of it. No pipes as props in these two! :puffy:

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
1976 King Kong movie. There is a guy smoking a pipe but the pipe isn't as hot as Jessica Lang :puffy:

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
LOTR were all great, I always think of The Expendables when Stallone's character is getting the tattoo by the guy smoking the pipe, but my all time favorite is White Christmas with Bing Crosby

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
+1 for Dead Poet's Society
+1 for Agatha Christie's, "Murder On The Links." (I've nearly the whole collection of the Poirot mysteries. Great stuff!)

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
+1 The Quiet Man. "Eere's a nice stick to beat the lovely lady with" that line chaps by fiancé's hide (see what I did there?lol) every time she watches that part but she still likes that movie. I LOVE it. Hands down my favorite Duke movie.
+1 Mr Blanding and the effortless display of pipes in our culture then.

Status
Not open for further replies.