What's Your Favorite Pipe Smoking Movie?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Watchin' the toob this afternoon, and The Blues Brothers is on....

Donald Duck Dunn is so natural with his pipe in every scene...

Gotta know that that man was a real pipe smoker.

His pipes never seem out of place, and that silver filigreed pipe in the Mini The Moocher scene is over the top!

:clap:

:worship:

tumblr_m3zkxnqSGy1rup6pmo1_250.jpg

:puffy:

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
Jimmy Stewart in It's a Wonderful life, and Bing Crosby in White Christmas deserve honorable mentions. LOTR and Men of Honor were the first two that came to mind for me though. I just saw The River Why and loved it. I want to get the book soon. I look forward to checking out some of the movies you all mentioned above.
Peace,

Bill

fuelpump

Lurker
Jan 9, 2014
"On Her Majesties Secret Service" Notably one of the weakest James Bond movies ever made. However when Bond is on mission he smokes a Pipe throughout. This makes the movie more interesting.
In most of the older Bond movies only M smokes a pipe.

dd50

Might Stick Around
Nov 21, 2013
"We still had intercom. Old MacArthur himself came over that squawk box, "Sunday, you cocky son of a bitch, I bet you can't hold your breath for four minutes and swim out ofthere." Know what I said back ? "No, Mac, I can't, but I'll bet you your cob pipe I can hold it for five, 'cause that's what it's gonna take, motherfucker."
Men of Honor all the way....DeNiro as Billy Sunday is the only reason I ever bought a cob.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
The newest Hobbit movie featured a guy smoking this monster churchwarden pipe with a bowl the size of a coffee cup right at the beginning of the movie in the tavern! I could not believe my eyes!

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Cheech & Chongs .. oops wrong pipe. :oops: Seriously I only noticed the modern Sherlock Holmes with whats his fungus smoking a pipe.. but then again I wasn't a pipe smoker for the rest.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
The newer Sherlock Holmes movies (profile pic), Inglorious Basterds, the older james bond movies had some good pipe action as well, good bad and the ugly.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"Seriously I only noticed the modern Sherlock Holmes with whats his fungus smoking a pipe.. but then again I wasn't a pipe smoker for the rest."
I've read this a few times and have no idea what it means. "Fungus"?
It seems like I can turn on Turner Classic Movies at any time and within minutes there's someone enjoying a pipe.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
"Creature from the Black Lagoon" (1954) -- In the movie Dr. Edwin Thompson (played by Whit Bissell) has several scenes where he is enjoying a pipe. That's one of the things I've come to enjoy about these classic 1950s sci fi/horror movies is there is always at least one scientist smoking a pipe!

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Tarzan staring Bo Derek. If you really like to heat up a bowl, this movie will have you puffing :lol:

Aug 14, 2012
I just saw a rather poor 1969 detective film starring James Garner. Can't remember the name, or rather, refuse to remember the names of mediocre films. Garner was a pipesmoker. In one scene a blonde mentions that her father smoked a pipe, but her mother made him smoke it on the porch. And when there was no money for tobacco he would sit on the porch dragging on an empty pipe. Then the blonde wanted to make out with him. He refused. She wanted to know why. He answered that all he could think of was her father sitting on the porch smoking an empty pipe.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Great pipe smoking scene in Dead Poets Society. They are all in the cave smoking pipes... Great movie too.

Status
Not open for further replies.