PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
These days? All definitions are flexible. So, I read. Are you sure that woman at the next table is, in fact, what she purports to be? Or her "date"? A "man's drink" is apparently a term from an earlier, simpler time. Hell, Martha Jane Canary drank her whisky straight back in the day.
supposedly the girl drink appellation came about more to make fun of men who drank them.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Cocktails - well, where I live, cocktails rule the roost. in steakhouses and such it could be bourbon drinks like manhattens. Palm Springs has many, many tiki bars and mid century style restaurants. Cocktails are a regular choice. Southern California, especially the Palm Springs area takes drinking very seriously.

Any man on this forum who feels safe to drive after two 1934 Don the Beachcomber Zombies is a man spending some time in Jail.

Martinis generally are poured with 4+ ounces of vodka or gin.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
The ironic thing is, a lot of so-called "girly" drinks are absolute destroyers. Many are just entire fishbowls full of tequila, but since they have some fruit in them, I guess they are feminine? Because only women like fruit or some shit?

Look, I don't know. The whole need to constantly prove your "masculinity" to others has always struck me as kinda stupid, but to each their own. I like beer and the occasional wine or cider, so that's what I drink. Not very much concerned if some rando thinks less of me or not.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Keep in mind that Ernest Hemingway drank Daiquiris.

Drink untethered or concerned by what anyone else may think. Just remember, your critics most likely are dressed in wrinkled shorts, a t-shirt, and a baseball cap holding a can of beer while they burp that they would never be caught dead drinking a girls drink. More probably is that a close inspection of their underwear would show ground in skid marks.