PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ZaysPiping

Lurker
Mar 4, 2024
Gastonia, NC
If you are interested in helping me out, I'm really new and only have two corn cobs. I decided I needed a briar— Peterson.

Is there a specific blend I should save for briar apart from I think I'll keep aros in my cobs. And also for reference the type of Petersons are system standard 303 p lip or a heritage one and lastly b42 p lip

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevaditude

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I would advise against purchasing a p-lip as your first briar. If you’re dead set on a Peterson make sure you see fishtail in the title.
I don't agree, and often think part of the polarization of a P-lip is simply because of inherent "familiarity" of a fishtail merely from exposure to one.
I think that an early exposure to a P-lip could be excellent.
I can deal with both, but am in the camp of loving them...

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
In the end, I would recommend any system standard with a P-lip with the corresponding shape and chamber dimensions you wish.

Otherwise you haven't really tried a Peterson because you haven't tried all of the patents that make it unique.

Without them it's just another pipe - and then one should choose a pipe from any brand.

ZaysPiping

Lurker
Mar 4, 2024
Gastonia, NC
In the end, I would recommend any system standard with a P-lip with the corresponding shape and chamber dimensions you wish.

Otherwise you haven't really tried a Peterson because you haven't tried all of the patents that make it unique.

Without them it's just another pipe - and then one should choose a pipe from any brand.
Ok thanks for the help, b42 and 307 is the choice i have to make now

Last edited:

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------What’s the difference between standard system and deluxe ?
A Deluxe has a Silver Ferrule and has a gap between it and the fatter bit of the stem, I have a few that were presents but I still don't know why I don't like the look of them, they smoke great but so does a System Standard. The Deluxe will have selected briar but they still don't smoke any better, I have been smoking Petersons for over 50yrs, I just love them.

Last edited:

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
What’s the difference between standard system and deluxe ?
Here's an old thread with photos that gives a visual of the difference: