PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A Sven would work for me if I couldn’t get a Holbek.
When I perfect my time time machine, Pibe Dan, 1964, is my first stop.
An Italian friend who has a HUGE collection of Danish pipes showed me a pic of his 5 or 6 Swans.
None were as nice as this Sven. Even he admitted as much.
This one has a flowing organic line to die for.
Sven nailed this one IMO

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Jack Howell Daney Apple

Or

The jack howell bent brandy Harris would post in the WAYS thread. The Howell stuff was the first artisan pipe that I saw that made me say "Maybe these guys collecting pricier pipes are on to something."

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Scroll down a few posts, and there's a batch of pics of a pipe that I repaired for a guy in New York City a while back.

If I won the Powerball it's the one I'd go after first. Keep making an offer until he'd let it go.

Why? The older I get the more I like big pipes, and this one is the best combination of size and shape I've ever seen. A magnum, but so well cut and proportioned that unless there's something next to it for scale it looks normal-sized.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
One of my grail pipes is @ashdigger
Egg meer - the one that is literally an egg shaped stummel with a straight ebonite stem or a really nice hawksbill. I haven’t seen another like ashdiggers and as yet I haven’t been able to bring myself to spend the $300 plus for the kind of hawkbill I’d like.

Reactions: ashdigger

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
At one time I was considering buying a pair of pretty expensive pipes. I never did. Why? Because I decided they aren’t the holy grail nor are any. A pipe is a utilitarian item for me. Plus I get to look at all the fancy pipes on this forum and I enjoy them that way. Still haven’t seen one that I “must possess”.

Although those pumpkin pipes that Chasing Embers owns are cool and I’d buy one if they were available.